Which engine rebuild kit?!? 93 GT...

2BADSTANGS

Jun 19, 2008
Colorado
Well, it's time to rebuild my '93 GT. I have a cobra intake 24lb injectors and some other little preformance goodies. I'm just kinda at a loss as to which rebuild kit to go with. I dont have the engine apart, but it runs great and doesnt knock or ping or anything, however it does have 130k mi. on it. I might do gt 40 heads at some point, but i'm not trying to build a race motor. My question is, aside from gaskets, bearings, rings, oil and water pumps, what else should I replace? here's some of the kits i've been contemplating... If anyone knows of a better kit, i'm open to suggestions, but around $800 is kinda my upper limit, unless theres something really special.
306 Ford kit on this page. Summit Racing Online Print Catalog
Maybe this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0367077854&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=
Or a more basic kit? Federal Mogul MHP174-300 - Federal Mogul Premium Engine Rebuild Kits - summitracing.com

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need to buy the 800 dollar summit kit, that's if you only have a block with mains and need the crank and rods too. Call around to some local machine shops man, sometimes they'll hook you up with good deals on parts if you're gonna have work done with them.