Which exhaust pipe to choose?

ok...my brother has a 95 5.0 with an h-pipe, i have an x-pipe....whenever he gets on the gas it sounds like a nascar race...with mine it has a deeper rumble to it...we both have 2 chanber flowmasters that are pro-dumped so they are both pretty loud....

• Sponsors (?)

MustangGT92 said:
ok...my brother has a 95 5.0 with an h-pipe, i have an x-pipe....whenever he gets on the gas it sounds like a nascar race...with mine it has a deeper rumble to it...we both have 2 chanber flowmasters that are pro-dumped so they are both pretty loud....

Odd every other description Ive heard of X and H pipes where flipped from yours :scratch:

I ran two chamber flows with an offroad x-pipe and bbk headers, and no tails sounded way too loud sorta annoying, I have 2 chamber flows with an offroad h-pipe and bbk headers on my cobra with tailpipes it sounds awesome. definite different tone between the two

I have straight pipes coming out of my MAC equal length shorty headers and flows through the stock cats that are hollowed out which flow through 2-chamber Flowmaster mufflers. I will probably have my muffler shop just weld a pipe that connects both pipes to create a homemade "H-pipe". Anymore comments or suggestions? Thanks in advance.