Which freaking wire?

stangtrooper97

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
King of Prussia
I was installing the UPR EL-glo gauges from Mustangtuning and I didn't hook the wires up correctly. Which wire is the power and which wire can I tap into for the ground. I can't find a darn bolt to ground so I was going to tap into the black wire on the gauge harness. I hooked up the power to the solid brown wire but it didn't do anything. Anybody have an suggestions? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Wiring

I just did this a week ago.Get a curcuit tester or volt meter.Find a wire that only has power when the key is on.You can ground them on your screws to the fuse box.Also you can wire the lighting into the power wire that goes to the illumination fuse.You will have to find that in the owners manual.Good luck

Just put mine in a couple weeks ago and started with the same problem. I thought my guages were defective cause I didn't have the ground wire connected to anything while I was trying to see if they worked. I guess with the guages you need that hooked up in order to complete the circuit. I also tapped into the solid brown wire right behing the headlight knob. Then I ran my ground wire down to the fuse box under the steering wheel and put in behind one of the screws that holds the fuse box up there. You should see some other ground wires already connected also.