Which headers for my 68 with PS?

• Sponsors (?)

I put Hedman headers on my '68. They fit and clear everything very well, but I did put the drop bracket on the frame where the power steering cyl. mounts. Pretty much no matter what brand of headers you use, you'll need the drop bracket. In my research, Hookers and Hedmans fit the best. Also, I welded the bracket for extra strength.

FPA Fit great, no drop bracket and they are up tight by the frame.

Just prepair to reach deep into the wallet.
All I see on their site are applications for engine and head swaps, nothing for stock iron heads.

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/Headers.htm

Or did you mean these?
Coming "Spring of 2005" 65-70 Mustang street competition 302/ 347 stroker headers! Offering a new Step 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" long tube , ball and socket 3" collector with max ground clearance.
Isn't it great when vendors that sell products for hundreds of dollars don't even update their own website?

Looks like you're gong with shorty's

I've got the step headers. I did my exhaust with a stock 289 as prep for the stroker. I was suprised at the SOTP increase of power. I went from stock manifolds with flowmasters and dumps to long tubes, turbos and tailpipes. I picked up power acroos the board. I thought I would loose a little down low, but was surprised.

Pricing is at the bottom of the web page.

"Standard nickel chrome plated $435 to $500"