Which intake setup?

Hizzle

Jun 24, 2007
Fort Carson, CO
I am looking at 2 different intake setups for my '86 GT. One is a combo with the Jegs upper metal box on top of a GT40 lower with new fuel rails and regulator and throttle body. The other one is a BBK SSI with rails, reg. and TB. Any opinions or thoughts on either? Here is my current setup. '86 GT with 5.0. MAF conversion, Powerdyne supercharger with 11psi, Granatelli MAF, BBK long tubes w/ X-pipe, 2.5" Flowmasters, BBK underdrive pulleys, FRPP air pump delete, March A/C delete, E7 heads. Hopefully that helps.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as the E7s go, guy I bought the car from told me he put them on. It defineitely looks like they have been replaced recently so who knows. I have an engine out of an '87 that I am thinking about building. I want to go with the 331 stroker kit with it so the heads and intake might wait until I build that engine. I was looking at the two intake setups in Jeg's and it seemed like they were both good setups, however, I have been out of the 'Stang game for a while and am a little rusty. Any opinions on intakes will be greatly appreciated. I think heads will wait for the new engine, maybe the intake should too but I am lookning at doing it soon. Getting the car painted first.

They also aren'tsupposed to clear e7s. He might have had them notched or got new pistons. I say go holley systemax, but if it must be one of the two go for the bbk. and TFS heads...

I found specs on the Systemax II and it was for about 2000-6500 RPM. I am running a 5 speed and probably will for a long time, is it safe to assume that the Systemax is good for idle to about 5000? That would be what I want to run. Couldn't find the specs on it. Don't know why.