Which lower control arms to get for street/strip??

Champ10187

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
Detroit, MI
I'm looking to get some lower control arms for the stang but i dont know which ones. It will be mostly street driven but i also want something that will perform well at the track. I was going to go with megabite jr. but then i started looking around at drag racers that go low 11's -10's and not alot use them. I'm kind of debating between the megabites, Steeda Aluminum and the Pro3i but i'm also open to any other brands. I eventually want to go 10's , so what do you guys recommend? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

check Maximum Motorsports. I have them and they work great on the street and strip. You could get the adjustable height one to make it easier to swap in taller tires at the track.

jkstang, where did you buy them from?

astronut, i heard southsides were very good as well, but i heard they really tear up the torque boxes and they dont even make them anymore. Dont they have a similar design to the megabites?

i know theres something about u only want a certain kinda of bearing and that the others are bad (for street anyway)...anyone know about this? i think sperical are the good ones buy not sure..

Ive alwaysheard Megabyte Jrs were really good

Maximum Motorsports drag race LCAs use a spherical bearing instead of bushings. From what I have heard it is a little louder and transfers more road noise but they don't bind up and allow the rear axle to articulate the way it is supposed to. Check out their website. www. maximummotorsports.com

go ebay and get the set of mac/bbk clones that cost 145 for the uppers and lowers, on a mainly street car, having an adjustable 300 dollar set of lowers isn't going to matter that much and make daily driving noisey and rough.