Which lowering springs?

MustangGT95

Jul 29, 2003
What springs are you guys using? I am about to get a set of springs and new shocks/struts for my GT. Definitely lowering it. Has anyone tried the BBK springs? If they are junk I may just get the sportlines.

• Sponsors (?)

FRPP B springs. As close to stock spring rates as you're gonna get with a lowering spring set. Ride was important to me as well as a nice drop.
FRPP C springs and all others I had looked at were much higher in spring rates which translate to a kidney busting ride.
That last point is individually biased. Some people like the rigid ride.

Not the best pic

Yes, SummitRacing carries them for around $140. I have the BFG DRs on the car in this picture. Normally run the tribars on all four corners.

attachment.php

Sportlines with x2 balljoints(no spacer) and one isolator removed from front...
2 1/2" drop in front and 2" in back.
I know Ill get trash talked from some people for it but this weekend Im installing airbag suspension to see if it rides better than now( its a very stiff ride) and so I can lift the body when needed for clearance.
I want to upgrade over time to airride technologies shockwave and airstrut system.
View attachment 400091

Thanx, Ill let you know how it handles and post some pix once I get the car back... we put the kit in fri. night but theres something wrong with the valves so I left the car at the shop and the owners pulling them apart to see whats wrong and fix it.
So far its ran me about $1200 but Im getting digital guages and controls so that will be another $350 through a hook-up(They go for $900 retail)and the shop that I got the kit from put the bags in for me for free... I ran the lines, wired everything up and installed the tank, compressor, and valves a week earlier at home. Ill be very pissed if Im not satisfied with the ride and handling! but Ill have no problem taking the kit off and selling it if I dont like it. I dont want to hijack this thread though so Ill start a new post once I gety the car back.