Which one do u advice me.....GT 2006 or Mach1 2004??

Which one do you advice me to buy?

• Mustang GT 2006

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Mach 1 2004

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
4u2nv said:
I sense a battle coming...

:lol: :lol:

U instigating?

Actually I like both, obviously the Mach a little more but I got a killer deal on it just before the new Stangs were coming out. I don't think you're gonna find a brand new GT anywhere for 22k these days. But that being said if I was in the market for a new car I'd go for a new GT just for the peace of mind, I'm just not a big fan of buying used performance cars in general.

• Sponsors (?)

I like the look of the new Mach's especially the shaker hood. But the truth is that the underpinnings are the same since the introduction of the 1979 mustang, except for the switch to control arms, traction loc, and revised spring ratings in the mid 80's. My friends 2002 GT has the exact same undepinnings as my 87 5.0!!! So the old setup is definately old technology. The S197 is better built and more solid, plus it has a sport oriented and not a passenger car oriented suspension. The interior is also more spacious and comfortable. The one thing the Mach has over the S197 is that beautiful 4 valve engine!!! I think for power and style get the Mach. For comfort and better handling, definately the S197.

I love the Machs, but I wouldn't give up my S197 for one. As for performance, the Mach may have a slight edge, but it really would be a drivers race if you put the two up against each other.

I will wait until this shape appear 2007. I tryed to find the link for this news but I didn't find it.

Attachments

• efoose_front.JPG
    efoose_front.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 85
I'd say go with the '06. Even though I would not get rid of my Mach to get an '06 I can say I would rather buy a new car than a used. That way I can break it in the way I want, keep up with the service the way I want and I would know exactly what I have.

I imagine the performance of each are very close, maybe a slight edge stock for stock going out to the Mach but the way the aftermarket has gone after the new Mustangs there is more to chose from when getting the extra umph with the '06's.

ramjetlx said:
My friends 2002 GT has the exact same undepinnings as my 87 5.0!!!

For comfort and better handling, definately the S197.

Hey don't exaggarate, the 2002 underpinnings are only 95% the same as a 1987. By 2002 the tooling used to stamp the floor pans was so worn out that they're different from what was made 15 years earlier. :rlaugh:

No joke, after 25 years of production the tooling used to make much of the old Mustangs was so worn out that if Ford had not developed the S-197 the Mustang would have gone away because by 2005 it would have been impossible to make any more SN-95s.

I agree with you, go with a S-197.:nice:

351CJ said:
No joke, after 25 years of production the tooling used to make much of the old Mustangs was so worn out that if Ford had not developed the S-197 the Mustang would have gone away because by 2005 it would have been impossible to make any more SN-95s.

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: