Which Smog Delete Kit With Vortech?

HGFireHazard

Apr 10, 2005
Michigan
I've heard good things about the UPR kit, but I've also heard their are fitment issues with those that run a vortech and the bracket. I'm not much of a guy for grinding and modifying (but I will if I have to...), so is there another kit that other vortech users use that just went in without a problem? Thanks.

EDIT: UPR's site now says "will work with all supercharged applications". Has someone bought one recently that fits up well with a vortech?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in the same boat as you right now. I'm just going to delete it totally, no dead pulley even though i bought one. This weekend i have to figure out what belt size i need and how to route it. Once I do, i'll post up here.

Thanks, I didn't know that Steeda made a kit, but dang I'm not willing to spend $120 on a smog delete... that's ridiculus. If I can't find another viable solution I'll just end up getting the UPR one and hopefully doing as little modification as possible. I wouldn't mind just running a short belt, but I don't want all that empty space chilling in there with the vortech bracket either. Whatever route I go I'll post the results as well.

Thanks, I didn't know that Steeda made a kit, but dang I'm not willing to spend $120 on a smog delete... that's ridiculus. If I can't find another viable solution I'll just end up getting the UPR one and hopefully doing as little modification as possible. I wouldn't mind just running a short belt, but I don't want all that empty space chilling in there with the vortech bracket either. Whatever route I go I'll post the results as well.

huh? it's not like you'll see it... i don't get it.

okay, heres the scoop. can't just delete the smog pump. the alternator is mounted toward the center too much. the tensioner bottoms out and barely does anything. I put the delete pulley i got on there. haven't got a belt yet though. I couldn't tell you what brand the pulley is, cause the guy never said and there are no markings on it. kinda looks like UPR quality though.