Which sub do you think?

So, I guess the pair of HX2 18 inchers I have in my 2k3 Stang won't fit either . . . I have full access to my spare tire, the stock back seat, etc. Anyone want to put some money up on this? For the record, the overall diameter of a subwoofer has NOTHING to do with how good it will sound -- kind of like saying you can't get a big block to rev fast. There a multiple determining factors on how a subwoofer can sound in a vehicle, the enclosure being the single most important one of them.

• Sponsors (?)

damacman said:
So, I guess the pair of HX2 18 inchers I have in my 2k3 Stang won't fit either . . . I have full access to my spare tire, the stock back seat, etc. Anyone want to put some money up on this? For the record, the overall diameter of a subwoofer has NOTHING to do with how good it will sound -- kind of like saying you can't get a big block to rev fast. There a multiple determining factors on how a subwoofer can sound in a vehicle, the enclosure being the single most important one of them.

:banana: EXACTLY the point I was making earlier in this thread! :nice:

How did you fit the 18's in there (I don't remember an 18" HX2, but cool)? Are they running IB, or just small-sealed? I do believe you could actually port the trunk itself using drivers with that much displacement and tune it low enough to call elephants in the Serengeti. :hail2:

well I would have to go with 2 audiobahn 1200 Q series myself ( awesome subs) but if you are looking for best bang for the buck I would probably go with the fosgate because sony sucks. But the 15" should have better efficiency(put out more noise) than a 10" or 12" in the same series. But then again Rockford Fosgate has poor signal to noise ratio's to start with. I have two 10" fosgates to give a nice balance to my system and they sound good.

4.6LGT said:
well I would have to go with 2 audiobahn 1200 Q series myself ( awesome subs) but if you are looking for best bang for the buck I would probably go with the fosgate because sony sucks. But the 15" should have better efficiency(put out more noise) than a 10" or 12" in the same series. But then again Rockford Fosgate has poor signal to noise ratio's to start with. I have two 10" fosgates to give a nice balance to my system and they sound good.

Woofers do not have a signal to noise ratio . . . ? This is a measure of the difference between the signal and the noise level of an amplifier's output section and has no correlation to speakers.

Infinity02Zinc said:
:banana: EXACTLY the point I was making earlier in this thread! :nice:

How did you fit the 18's in there (I don't remember an 18" HX2, but cool)? Are they running IB, or just small-sealed? I do believe you could actually port the trunk itself using drivers with that much displacement and tune it low enough to call elephants in the Serengeti. :hail2:

Well, it does play ruler flat down to 15 hertz . . .

Attachments

• GTSubs3.jpg
    GTSubs3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 93
Infinity02Zinc said:
Oh, yeah, go with the RF sub if you must choose between those. Sony hasn't really made a decent car speaker in several years. Personally, I'd go with a JL 10w0 or 10w1 and give it more room to breathe.

:rlaugh: no no no if your going jl or anything at that go with the w6v2 or the w7 12". if you didnt know a w7 8" has been put against a audiobahn 12" flame q and the jl dominated it so there ya go. if ya want something that BEATS with BAD**S effeciancy go with JL W7V2 or W6V2.

stealthpony said:
:rlaugh: no no no if your going jl or anything at that go with the w6v2 or the w7 12". if you didnt know a w7 8" has been put against a audiobahn 12" flame q and the jl dominated it so there ya go. if ya want something that BEATS with BAD**S effeciancy go with JL W7V2 or W6V2.

I don't think he wants to spend that kind of change- hence the using of Sony or RF to begin with. But, I ALMOST agree with you. I like the w6v2's, but I don't like the w7's. Too enclosure sensitive. I would go for a RE XXX or an Adire Brahma, Elemental Ov2, IDMAX, Eclipse TiPro, TC Sounds 4hp, or some Funky Pups :banana: :banana: :banana:

Infinity02Zinc said:
I don't think he wants to spend that kind of change- hence the using of Sony or RF to begin with. But, I ALMOST agree with you. I like the w6v2's, but I don't like the w7's. Too enclosure sensitive. I would go for a RE XXX or an Adire Brahma, Elemental Ov2, IDMAX, Eclipse TiPro, TC Sounds 4hp, or some Funky Pups :banana: :banana: :banana:

yeah brahma is bad ass too :hail2: