Which tire size?

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
As I make preparations to get "sally" wheels down nexr Spring with he "new" 8" rear and new front disc brake set up on her "new" rims, I come back to the question of tire size.:scratch:
I've gone over Dodgestangs fitment chart and I'm pretty sure the two sizes I'm waivering between will fit without any problems, so it all comes down to cosmetics, and I certainly want my girl looking her best.:nice:

So what do y'all think.......should I go with....:

225 60 R15's OR 235 60 R15's ???

btw...the rims are 15x8 w/4.5" of backspace.

• Sponsors (?)

Realmongo said:
On an 8" rim I would probably go for the wider tires, but do you really want an 8" rim? I figured you would be safer with the 225 tires on a 7" wheel.
The rims are what they are!

Maybe, in a few years, after I've paid off ALL of my outstanding debt (pesky medical bills), I might buy new rims, but until then I intend to use the ones I have.

Those are pretty big for the front, and I'm not just making arbitrary statements, I was running 235s all last spring. I found they really liked to pull into any deviation in the road; gravel truck ruts, rain, low spots, you get the point. Of course you will have all new components and a an alignment so it may not as prvailent on Sally. Oh, I just remembered you have an I6 going in there! That should make it easier for tight steering in the parking lot. My projects are all budget driven as well, and although 'the best of what I can get may not be the best what can be got', it's better that what most have and it's my project anyway. So keep the rims, throw the tires that fit best on them (you may need to roll the front fenders) and have fun with the car. You can't keep it tarped up forever!