Which Tuner to go with ? 08 GT

Stangninjak

Apr 16, 2004
Like it says, I just picked up a 08 GT. Of course I modded the exhaust, and I have a shaker hood. I was wondering which tune to go with ?

I know Diablo has one, Superchips, and SCT I think ? Is it worth the tune ? Some specs in the sig. Thanx in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd wait until you have a few more modifications. Then my first recommendation would be an SCT XCal 3. But, more important than the device is the company you decide to use. Find a shop you like, and if they prefer Diablo or SCT, I'd feel comfortable using either if I liked the shop.

Good advice. I know a lot of shops use SCT here in Phoenix, and from what I have seen it looks as easy as it could get from an end-user standpoint.

The company who writes the tunes for your device will matter the most, and either way you go people will get mixed results. Maybe that depends on their expectations, or on different conditions.

I myself us HPTuners to tune my car, but that requires YOU to actually know how to tune. It's not a user friendly program for the beginner, and will lead to frustrations. So MY advice really is STAY AWAY FROM HPTUNERS.

I love HPTuners to death, but it is not for anyone short of an experienced engine tuner. There is not much support in the forums for it, and you are on your own with creating the tunes.

Thanx for the Info. I went to Brenspeed.com and I see a plethora of CAI to choose from with the tune. I spoke to a tech and also received some very good info about my shaker hood intake, and the CAI I can install with it. Looks like the package deals are the best way to go.

Personally my recomendation is to go with a SCT Xcal2 or Xcal3. There are far more tuners who use SCT products and they for the most part are the best tuners. My personal recomendation is to buy a Xcal2 from Justin at VMPTuning.com with a C&L intake with a 88mm maf tube. Justin will include 3 tunes with the price of the tuner like everyone else. Great tunes, quick turn around time, great prices, and great customer service. It's going to make your car a whole new car !!