Which Vortech Head unit?

bobc83

Jul 31, 2007
Normal,IL
Hey guys
I have a question or two about which Vortech head unit is the best for me. Of course I recently installed a v-1 s trim (thanks lastcall) on the ol' moose and I freaking love it, but of course my hunger for power is now eating me alive lol. I took a trip over to Vortech's site and there are many head unit upgrades to choose from. I'm just trying to make heads or tails of them, and to see if it's even needed.

I am def. in the market for a shortblock and want to make 550hp. I see the that the newer V-1's and V-2's are more efficient and are capable of more.

Questions are:
Would a head unit exchange to either of the newer trims make that much difference? Is someone new to 500+ hp going to be able to tell a difference with the sotp meter or at the track?

What's differences, power/driveability wise, btwn the v1 si-trim and the sci-trim, and same question for the v-2 si and sci.

Thank you much if you guys have any comments about those questions, hopefully someone has been down this road before.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

yea...i love that noise. :nice: if you want 550 rwhp and you are gonna stay vortech then go with the t-trim. it is the most efficient way to get there but your s-trim will get you there also with a smaller pulley. it will just have to work harder. i am hoping for 450 rwhp with my 3.0 pulley and intercooler i just installed and all the bolt ons in my sig. so 550 should be easy with some nice blower cams, intake, and strong bottom end.

Sweet, looks like we have about the same setup, very nice :)

Yea after asking around, sounds like the T-trim is the way to go. Just about the time I figured out all the v-1 and v-2 S-trim stuff, I see they have discontinued those and we with the SC and SCI trim, didn't know if those were any better to achieve my goal. Seeing if anyone had some experience/numbers with them.

Thanks for the reply and nice ride

If you're contemplating the upgrade to the T-trim, check into upgrading your V1 compressor to Si specifications. They flow 50 CFM less than the T-trim. Check out this thread on Corral for details: clicky

I would go with the SI trim upgrade over the T-trim. The T-trim has a max hp of 850 I believe and the SI trim is 775. So you will pay more money then you need to for 75hp that you will most likely never miss. Plus the SI trim is more efficient in the lower rpm ranges. The T-trim needs more rpm you really perform.