White light halogen bulbs?

DrScientist

Apr 19, 2011
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they make the typical halogen headlight bulb, in that cool looking white color. Not the blue that hurts everyone's eyes, but I seem to remember there being another color that some people use. The light that comes out is white instead of the typical yellowish color. I'm not talking about HID's, but rather a plain old bulb. There are so many out there, that claim to do it, but they don't. Like those Hyper Whites you see on the shelf at autozone. Which ones are the real deal?

• Sponsors (?)

There is VisionPlus from Philips, which according to their website will provide "a beam that’s up to 50 feet longer than conventional bulbs". But it doesn't mention if it's a white beam or the bluish kind.

There is also the GE Nighthawk, which gives "a clean white light with 90% more light on the road than standard halogen headlamps", as listed on the product website.

The Sylvania Silverstar gives off the bluish light, which you said you're not looking for, so I would look into either the VisionPlus or the Nighthawk to see if they might be the solution you're searching for.

Well, they are slightly brighter than just a typical bulb, but I wouldn't say that they are a lot brighter. And the light seems white rather than yellow. Worth the money, but if you are looking for something significantly brighter than stock, I would say that you need to get the same thing but in the "Kyrpton" series. They say those are 30% brighter than the regular ones. If I had known that I would have bought those instead. I'll be buying them for my other vehicles.