Who has the Powerful daily driver

• Sponsors (?)

i used to drive this dayly till i realized it cost me $200 a month in gas. it has a 308 e-cam massaged early 289 heads with 1.90 1.60 stainless valves hooker supercomp exhaust. i guestimate 340 flhp desktop dyno said 390hp but it don't really feel like it more closer to 350. well any way it got me down the track at 12.95 at 106mph.

Attachments

• capri.JPG
    capri.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 579
FiveOCapri79 said:
Well, since it's driven a few times a week, it'll pass. :D So far, you're the top dog in this topic with over 500hp on tap.

YOU HEARD HIM-----I AM THE MAN!!! :hail2: ...IT ACTUALLY EQUATES TO 615 FWHP...SOO take it how u want :nice:

Is there anyone on stangnet who can dethrown me? :shrug:

sirsureshot39 said:
YOU HEARD HIM-----I AM THE MAN!!! :hail2: ...IT ACTUALLY EQUATES TO 615 FWHP...SOO take it how u want :nice:

Old combo made 303rwhp and was good for 109mph. New 418 should make around 525-550 rwhp n/a. Not a future plan, a reality just waiting engine dyno and install. FWIW, Stan Pearson did the motor for me, he has a single turbo 306, in street trim runs 10.30's at 134mph on pump gas, race trim runs 9.90's at 138-140mph. Saw about 30 runs this year and 6k street miles. Estimated 720rwhp in race trim through a c6w/external od.
BTW, sirsureshot39, sweet car :hail2:

FWIW, again, most impressive thin about Stans car is the fact he drives 100 miles to the track, changes tires, races, and drives 100 miles home :hail2:

Attachments

• stans.jpg
    stans.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 155
  • 03ENGINE.JPG
    03ENGINE.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 161
sirsureshot39 said:

I think I could give ya a run for your money.

535RWHP (on the bottle)
570RWTQ
with a 150 N20 shot in a 3000lb car. *I gotta match your power adder with mine =)*

driven every day to pick the kid up from school rain or shine. (sleeps on sundays LOL )

Scott

I'm started to see some good numbers now. Stan Pearson's Stang seems to be top dog at the moment with over 700rwhp. I've only read about some of the crazy Stangs that have over 900hp and still driven daily. Is there someone here that could top everyone else? :D By the way, nice cars everyone. :nice:

FiveOCapri79 said:
Just curious to see how much HP people are running around with on a daily basis. High horsepower daily drivers is what I like to hear about. I'd like to hear about the setup used to achieve that kind of power, etc. Let's see 'em! :D
Not sure of the HP but I run at 119.5 mph which should be between 420-500rwhp, my car also looks stock and runs all season tires(even at the track) because it really is a dailydriver and my times were done in complete street trim.
stock bottom end and cam....box stock edelbrock heads and intake Novi 1000 @10lbs and all of those bolton's

sinner said:
my car also looks stock

:nice: Thats sweet. Other than the hood and few gauges, Stan's car looks stock too, actually, a cowl hood and a few cowl mounted gauges is stock for a mustang isn't it :p His car sounds and runs stock on the street, pretty impressive setup. Sweet rides to everyone :nice: