Why are people so impatient???

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Today I was driving looking for a paint store which I couldnt find, so I was in the turning lane, a car infront of me and a big truck behind me... The light was red and when it turned green the car infront of me was doing a U turn too, but the guy turning right off one of the side streets didnt see him at first, so he was 1/2 way out then stopped, the guy infront of me went on, and I continued aorund the corner and the guy didnt see me either so I slowed down and couldnt go any further so I waited 2 seconds for the guy to move.... Well the jerk in the truck behind me starts laying onto his horn screaming get out of the way *******... Didnt know thoes 2 seconds were that important to him, and if I could have gone further more I would have, but I didnt want the guys trailer to clip my front end... He got a friendly hand gesture, a smile, and I slooooooowly moved out of his way.

I've noticed the people who are always in a hurry always have the worst case of road rage... why is this? Some people need to mellow out some :cheers: have a beer or something

• Sponsors (?)

1105 said:
Some people need to mellow out some :cheers: have a beer or something
I like this saying. :D

My school (University of Delaware) is full of people from northern Jersey and NY. Wanna talk about impatient drivers? They are, without a doubt in my mind, the worst, and most impatient drivers in the world.

You can tailgate someone and then you can tailgate someone "New York Style." For some reason, New Yorkers (for the most part) lose their mind when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Joe

You should try driving through Miami and Hialeah(sp?) what a bunch of ass wipes. You can be sitting at a red light and as soon as it turns green the ass munch behind you honks there horn for you to start moving :nonono:. My favorite down here is when some one cuts YOU off then they cuss you out like it's your fault. I really would like to move to central Fl one day it's getting way to crowded down here.

I HATE big cities... daytona is almost too big for my likings... I live south of daytona in a small town... Its nice, quiet most of the times, but not too far away from everything. Whenever someone tailgates me and I'm allready speeding, I'll find the slowest car in the other lane and stay the same speed as him until the guy backs off... They dont like that too much either :D

1105 said:
I HATE big cities... daytona is almost too big for my likings... I live south of daytona in a small town... Its nice, quiet most of the times, but not too far away from everything. Whenever someone tailgates me and I'm allready speeding, I'll find the slowest car in the other lane and stay the same speed as him until the guy backs off... They dont like that too much either :D
That's exactly why I would LOVE to move to Lakeland or Clearwater. It's quite at night people are WAY more friendlier. Lakeland if far enough from the cities yet close enough to Tampa and Orlando (average 1 hour to each). God what I wouldn't give to move there RIGHT NOW :(

Joes95GT said:
I like this saying. :D

My school (University of Delaware) is full of people from northern Jersey and NY. Wanna talk about impatient drivers? They are, without a doubt in my mind, the worst, and most impatient drivers in the world.

You can tailgate someone and then you can tailgate someone "New York Style." For some reason, New Yorkers (for the most part) lose their mind when they get behind the wheel of a car.

Joe

So is Daytona Beach. You dont have to tell us how they are.

And why the hell do they act like that... but drive slower than all hell when they are in front of you. The slowest drivers I am ever behind are from New York and New Jersey.

Basically any reasonably sized college town is full of 90% impatient a**holes who 1. can't drive, and 2. think they can.

There are people from all over at Virginia Tech, but they all seem to suck at driving. I thought this place had bad drivers till I took a trip to NYC 2 weeks ago. Let me tell ya, try driving through Brooklyn and you'll learn to appreciate anywhere else you drive. These people were crazy (scratch that...INSANE), thank god my car wasn't there. I could never even think of havin my car within 50 miles of that damn place.