Why bother with teh regular bolt-ons?

• Sponsors (?)

2002tj said:
I'm not anyone who's ever registered before. I really just bought my stang in February.

bling2.jpg
Do you have more pics of those wheels? I'm assuming you got them from OE wheels on Ebay. I was thinking of getting those or maybe the gray ones. I'm just not sure about the rivets. I think I like them but more pictures would help.
BTW there are alot of members on here. Don't let a few ruin your day.
:SNSign:
And before anyone gets all hard and says something like, "are you talkin to me" don't bother. We all get pissy sometimes, including myself. Yes I do think overusing teh kinda sucks, but let it go. Where's that guy with the budda avatar and the hand waving when you need him.

For people like me who are on a budget and want to make a nice little quick street car I would not go crazy with all the bolt-ons....id get:

- full exhaust
- shifter ( if you are a 5-speed )
- gears
- minor suspension
- tires...DRs....or Slicks
- 75-150shot of the good stuff

This car right here is a good example of a quick GT on a budget:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/329662/1

Nice power on demand and money not wasted on crap bolt-ons....true bolt-ons will add more overall but that budget thing comes into play again....id love to have some cams for the sound though.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Do you have more pics of those wheels? I'm assuming you got them from OE wheels on Ebay. I was thinking of getting those or maybe the gray ones. I'm just not sure about the rivets. I think I like them but more pictures would help.
And before anyone gets all hard and says something like, "are you talkin to me" don't bother. We all get pissy sometimes, including myself. Yes I do think overusing teh kinda sucks, but let it go. Where's that guy with the budda avatar and the hand waving when you need him.[/QUOTE]

all i have to sayteh........

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]Do you have more pics of those wheels? I'm assuming you got them from OE wheels on Ebay. I was thinking of getting those or maybe the gray ones. I'm just not sure about the rivets. I think I like them but more pictures would help.
And before anyone gets all hard and says something like, "are you talkin to me" don't bother. We all get pissy sometimes, including myself. Yes I do think overusing teh kinda sucks, but let it go. Where's that guy with the budda avatar and the hand waving when you need him.[/QUOTE]

Feast your eyes:

stang1.JPG

stang2.JPG

stang3.JPG

stang4.JPG

stang5.JPG

stang6.JPG

stang7.JPG

stang8.JPG

stang9.JPG

Everyone has their own opinion and choose their own route. It'd be boring if all of us had the exact same setup.

I went in reverse by getting blown before adding most of the bolt ons. I suppose I'm in no position to complain considering I've went from having a most likely mid to high 14 sec, 211whp car to a 381whp car that runs mid 12s on street tires, despite banging off the redline in 3rd prematurely.

2002tj said:
Seriously, most people spend thousands on mufflers, midpipes, pulleys, throttle body, cams, etc., for what, a grand total of 25 rwhp if you are lucky? Might as well save your money and plop out teh $4k for a supercharger. Sure, it won't perform optimally until you get a few bolt ons, but teh 100+ rwhp gain will leave 99% of cars in teh dust. Am I missing something?
Well, I know for a fact that a full exhaust, heads, cams, tbody/plenum, good cold air kit, gears, tune, suspension and good tires will get u 2 or more seconds of reduction in 1/4 mile times. Yeah, u might spend 4k+, but u will have a reliable and fast car. Yeah a turbo or superchrgr will get u more gains at a similar price, but u will still need most of the above parts mentioned to make proper power. To each his/her own, but I would love nothing more than a N/A mustang that runs deep in the 10's...Ken bjoines is a good example of one of those people as well as cars that come out of "boss 330 racing"/al papito's shop. I dont have alot of money so bolton's is the best I can do...25rwhp with the mods u listed is not being realistic either, more like 40+ and with heads would be more...:nice:

Main reason why I choose to stay N/A is because of the following:

1) i just like N/A, period. I'm wierd...

2) I really just want to stay N/A :D

3) Because i can save up some cash here and there and slowly buy mods for my car (bolt ons) and then install them myself and have a blast doing it. NO WAY would i be able to save up $4-6k for a complete blower kit and have the cash sitting in my hand...and justify spending it on my car.

At least spending a few 100 here and there i dont realize what im dumping into my car...if i had $5k in my hadn though, im sure there are other things i'd realize i should be spending my money on...not dumping into a blower.

hmmm... get supercharger 1st before doing boltons...

or.... get boltons 1st then do supercharger....

whats the difference.... really.

IMO if you do the supercharger 1st then the bolt ons (with the minimal power increase afterwards it will seem useless and like you wasted your hard earned $$) while if you do the boltons 1st then you will gradually gain power and then you will be happier when the time comes to put the whiner under the hood...

but really what you said is you're going to do it either way... so why do you care... :shrug:

Orange... said:
IMO if you do the supercharger 1st then the bolt ons (with the minimal power increase afterwards it will seem useless and like you wasted your hard earned $$) while if you do the boltons 1st then you will gradually gain power and then you will be happier when the time comes to put the whiner under the hood...

With the KB, I started at 340hp and ended up with 381hp after the remaining bolt ons. Not to mention, I gained nearly 50rwtq! That 41hp/50tq sure didn't feel like a waste of $$$ to me. :shrug:

And I was happy enough going from..ahem, 211hp/250tq to 340hp/350tq. If I waited longer I'd hang myself.

UDTBadkarma said:
At least spending a few 100 here and there i dont realize what im dumping into my car...if i had $5k in my hadn though, im sure there are other things i'd realize i should be spending my money on...not dumping into a blower.

EXACTLY! My $5500 is been spread over nearly 2 years....id die driving around a bone stock GT for the last 2 years....and if I put it on the card id die having 6K on a card and 25K on the Ford credit-card LOL.

a good driver with a decent amount of boltons will run circles around a **** driver with the best SC kit.

some people only need a little bit more than stock, and their skills do the rest. some dont have skills, and need alot more to make up for it.