Why Is My A/F So Lean Down Low?

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Dyno1.jpg

That pretty much says it all. Why is it so lean at first? When the alky kit kicks on it takes it rich but for the first 1000rpm on the dyno it is lean, anything I can do to richen it up without having to get a chip/tuner? Mods in sig, fuel mods are 255 hi pressure, #36 injectors, Kirban AFPR im not running a FMU btw.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not low... it looks to be right around 14.7 which is exactly where the O2s and computer should be putting it at. It's not costing you anything. You don't need to have a rich mixture that low unless you're applying boost that low. To answer your question... Yes... you would need an EEC tuner or custom chip to change it. The computer is just doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Daggar said:
It's not low... it looks to be right around 14.7 which is exactly where the O2s and computer should be putting it at. It's not costing you anything. You don't need to have a rich mixture that low unless you're applying boost that low. To answer your question... Yes... you would need an EEC tuner or custom chip to change it. The computer is just doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Thats what another StangNet member and I talked about, I guess I just wont worry about it for now.

Thanks 88stangmangt. :D