wideband inplace of stock o2

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
Syracuse, NY
the other day i was goin through my toolbox and found my old o2 sensors from when i replaced em and i need to check the a/f on my car so i was thinking of cutting the wires on the old o2 and connecting them to my LM1's analog output so that i wouldnt have to get another o2 bung welded inplace.

Anyone know what wire should go to what?

also what should i set my analog outputs to?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Man my inclination is to have a bung welded. Here's why.

The first thing that comes to mind is that if you are running one narrowband and one wideband, the readings may be different.

Second, I don't like the idea of having to rely on the wideband for doing narrowband duties. If it fails, it is much more difficult and expensive to replace.

Last thing is that you can't remove your wideband from the car ever. I really like the ability that mine is semi-easily-removable (after unwiring the ground and power tap).

I paid $20 to have the wideband bung welded in at the exhaust shop. Bring your w/b sensor to test fit - the sensor with my LC-1 is a tad fatter than a normal O2 and I had to go back to have them remove some of the weld where the w/b hit (whereas the narrowband they had sitting around did not).

That is my 2c. :)

Wes

well its not for a permanant install, just a temp thing to check a/f. swapped out my stock FPR with a kirban unit and i think the tune may be a lil off now and i just wanna see how far off it is

hrmm... after looking over at the innovate forums and at what some of the LS1 guys did it seems like way more work than just getting another bung welded in

o well, the idea is kinda cool atleast