Will 5.25 backspacing (front) work on my 90GT

Tolbert67

Jul 20, 2005
I look underneath and the shock looks like its within 1/2 inch of my stock rims/tires and I think the stock rims are 4.78 backspacing............

On the back I'm going with 5.5 backspacing.........(taking off the horizonal shock on the back)

I've asked this question before and the reason is......I want to be sure because, as you all know, its alot of money and once I've ordered the rims.........I own them.

So, anyone that knows that they know that they know...please comment.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Tolbert67 said:
I look underneath and the shock looks like its within 1/2 inch of my stock rims/tires and I think the stock rims are 4.78 backspacing............

On the back I'm going with 5.5 backspacing.........(taking off the horizonal shock on the back)

I've asked this question before and the reason is......I want to be sure because, as you all know, its alot of money and once I've ordered the rims.........I own them.

So, anyone that knows that they know that they know...please comment.

Thanks in advance.

What width? With an 8" wide wheel. Yes it'll fit.

What is the rear wheels width gonna be?

Hey TJM73.....

8 inch width on the fornt

9 and 1/2 on the back

On a side note Mr TJM73....fed ex just delivered my front rotors and back axels....you know the one's out Jags mag that fits exactly like the ones i have on there now....the only difference is the 5 bolt pattern:)

That shock underneath seems pretty close on the front.

Thanks again for an answer.

Tolbert67 said:
Hey TJM73.....

8 inch width on the fornt

9 and 1/2 on the back

On a side note Mr TJM73....fed ex just delivered my front rotors and back axels....you know the one's out Jags mag that fits exactly like the ones i have on there now....the only difference is the 5 bolt pattern:)

That shock underneath seems pretty close on the front.

Thanks again for an answer.

No need to call me Mr !!!!! LOL I still remember teh first time I was called mister. THe first sign I was gettign older than the 'youth'. sigh..... lol!!!

9.5"??? Which wheel?

Tolbert67 said:
Torqe Thrust ll's...What else is there:)...will it work?

I run the Salt Flat wheels in 8" width with 5.25" on the back of my car with 255/50 tire. They'll stick out a little bit (not my cup of tea, but it's not my car). But as long as the car isn't lowered you shoudl be ok.

What tires front & rear did you decide to run?

I've been at work.......I havent decided on tires yet , any suggestions?

What hieght, width, and what is the backspacing of your torq thrust ll's??? ...the front set that is???? thanks