Will a cold air intake made for a 5.0 fit on a N/A 2.3?

• Sponsors (?)

i was looking a ta CAI for 5.0s on 50resto and they have a fendwall mount or standard mount. whats the difference.

And a dumb question, why would someone buy a regular air filter when they can get a cold air one?

Hey 4bangen...thats not a cold air intake. All you did was cut a piece of PVC and paint it, and stick it in place of the air silencer. When you still have the stock airbox it's not a cold air intake.

FYI, tealtiger, he has a speed density car and that's just the stock airbox.

I suppose a 5.0 cold air intake MIGHT work, but you'd have to make it work yourself. There are writeups in the tech articles about how to make cold air intakes for both speed density 2.3's and mass air cars.

Red_LX said:
Hey 4bangen...thats not a cold air intake. All you did was cut a piece of PVC and paint it, and stick it in place of the air silencer. When you still have the stock airbox it's not a cold air intake.

FYI, tealtiger, he has a speed density car and that's just the stock airbox.

I suppose a 5.0 cold air intake MIGHT work, but you'd have to make it work yourself. There are writeups in the tech articles about how to make cold air intakes for both speed density 2.3's and mass air cars.
Oh I see, that airbox is different than the Mass Air's it looks better than my little bubble box. The air box looks like the Ram Air kits' box you can buy with scoop under the car.