will factory headers fit an f-150

• Sponsors (?)

they will fit but you will need to make a custom mid-pipe or cat pipe to match up with the headers as they have a diff. angle and drop on them. There is a guy local around here that had a custom H pipe bent up for his bronco and I may do that sometime for my bronco.

89MustangGX said:
Seems like it would probably be more cost effective and worthwhile to just buy shorty headers for the truck. They're similar priced to Mustangs and will bolt right up.

He already got the headers from the 92 at the price of $0 so thats why he thought he'd try that out

Prince95GT said:
He already got the headers from the 92 at the price of $0 so thats why he thought he'd try that out

I understand...but faced with the descision of putting free stock headers on and paying $200+ for a custom y-pipe and cat setup to be bent and installed or paying $200 for a set of direct fit headers that will flow better, I thought the direct fit headers would be a better choice.

The guy local paid 100$ (at some backwood place, and has a template for a true H pipe setup that can just be taken to be made) and the avg. price of f150 headers is like mid 300$ range (I know I looked into it and have a set of extra 94-95 stock headers to swap on someday this very way). I would guess that with a cat and a few exh. parts you could fab one up for cheap. I would talk to some exh. shops and see what they say, talk is free. They might be able to get you by with a chop at the manifolds and put the headers on and make something fit to where the chop was. They do make ball type flange starter pipes that could be used for this.