Will I need an amplifier?

• Sponsors (?)

Like josh said you would only be getting the output from the headunit which is rated near 40 watts per channel I believe. Get an amp even if its a cheapo it will be better than running it off the headunit.

And ditto on the Mach system, I've been wanting to get rid of it but dreading the wiring since I bought mine 2 years ago.

I didn't feel like pulling the amp under the radio in the center console, so I just left it there. But if your starting from scratch, it's really not too bad if you just take your time. I pulled all the seats and carpeting out of the way. I got my pioneer head unit from Crutchfield so it came with the wiring adapter etc. and that made wiring the pioneer real easy. I opted to run new speaker wires since I added an amp for the component speakers and a sub amp to power my dual 10"subs and the amp wiring kit came with speaker wires.

SOme Pioneer decks have the ability to bridge their rear channels and run a 2ohm load for a small sub. I ran one like that in a Jeep I had powering an 8" Bazooka. It worked fairly well. :shrug:

What Pioneer deck did you get?