Will I pass OBD II emissions?

JCKnife

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2002
Ohio
I've heard that my county (Miami) is subject to e-check soon (though no official word).

Ohio is switching to OBD II for emissions testing.

I have a ProChamber (O/R H-pipe) and 40's Flows. Needless to say the car is loud. I have MIL elim's and no check engine light.

1. Will I pass OBD II because of the MILS? Or will they throw up a flag?
2. Will the schmoes running the test not look under my car because it's so loud? (I would expect gov't workers to be that dumb but I'm not sure who actually administers the test).

Any input appreciated. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

It just depends on how much they test. Here in AZ, they put a scan tool on the car, and if you have a check engine light, you immediately fail. Or if your car is in the "not ready" status, it also fails. You can get by if they dont look, and they dont do a sniff test.

You will definitely fail the visual. You might have to run the stock setup for testing and remove it for street use. There is also a fine for removing smog equipment. So be careful.

JCKnife said:
I've heard that my county (Miami) is subject to e-check soon (though no official word).

Ohio is switching to OBD II for emissions testing.

I have a ProChamber (O/R H-pipe) and 40's Flows. Needless to say the car is loud. I have MIL elim's and no check engine light.

1. Will I pass OBD II because of the MILS? Or will they throw up a flag?
2. Will the schmoes running the test not look under my car because it's so loud? (I would expect gov't workers to be that dumb but I'm not sure who actually administers the test).

Any input appreciated. :flag:

#1if your mils are working then you will pass
#2 most would not get on there knees plus most place dont do to look test unless you fail 2 of more times
#3 most of the workers at those places are part time and have of them cant drive a stick for crap

Mil Eliminators will allow the OBDII catalyst monitor to pass and show a "Ready" status. In order to be perfectly clean on an OBDII scan you need to have a) No active SES light b) no "pending codes" in the computer (these actually wont throw an SES until they trip to an active code and c) All OBDII I/M monitors showing either "Ready" or "Not Applicable". For anything other that that I think its basically up to the count/state testing rules. In TX you're allowed one I/M monitor to show "Not Ready" and you can still pass with no SES and no codes (pending or active) You will of course fail an actual sniffer test with Mil Eliminators and no cats as well as fail a visual.

my cats are bad on my car and the check engine light was on to confirm it. To pass the OBD-II I had to disconnect the battery (1 hr.) and then reconnect. I drove it around to warm the car up and took it in. The CEL was off but they could not read the codes (system not ready). The guy at the shop told me to drive it above 55mph for five minutes and it should reset. I took it back and passed no problem. No worries until next time. Good luck.

TriBlkCobra said:
Mil Eliminators will allow the OBDII catalyst monitor to pass and show a "Ready" status. In order to be perfectly clean on an OBDII scan you need to have a) No active SES light b) no "pending codes" in the computer (these actually wont throw an SES until they trip to an active code and c) All OBDII I/M monitors showing either "Ready" or "Not Applicable". For anything other that that I think its basically up to the count/state testing rules. In TX you're allowed one I/M monitor to show "Not Ready" and you can still pass with no SES and no codes (pending or active) You will of course fail an actual sniffer test with Mil Eliminators and no cats as well as fail a visual.

:nice: there you go

Here is massachusetts we have the ODB 2 test but they only test emissions every other year. And so on the year that I didn't have to have my emissions tested I thought i could go in and pass with my H-pipe on. So i go in and I had reset the computer, so that the check engine light wansn't on. they took forever to check it out and then failed me on a visual on my exhaust and said I had no cats, I played dumb and told the guy I didn't know and he went on about some bull **** about how its a 20000 dollar fine if you get caught and i was like ok i will take care of it so i bolted my stock h-pipe back on and went back and took about 10 second for them to get under my car and see the cats and pass me. If i were you weld some heat shields around your offroad pipe and put the mill eliminators in to pass. If they put you on the sniff test you are ****ed so u will have to bolt up your cats. The way it works here if your car was made on an odd year you have to get your emissions tested on the odd years.