Will It Fit?

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
looking at a used pair of 03 cobra rims for my 88 LX. The rims are 17x9. I have read all over the internet and have gotten mixed information. Some info says they will fit and some say they don't. What is the worst thing that could happen with 17x9 rims on the front of an 88 LX?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you plan on doing a 5-lug swap using sn95 hubs and spindles pit front, no...they won't fit.

Barring that, assuming you haven't got your car slammed to the weeds, the most you really have to worry about is some rubbing up front.

If you haven't already, you may also need to remove your quad shocks in the rear as well.

Unless you plan on doing a 5-lug swap using sn95 hubs and spindles pit front, no...they won't fit.

Barring that, assuming you haven't got your car slammed to the weeds, the most you really have to worry about is some rubbing up front.

If you haven't already, you may also need to remove your quad shocks in the rear as well.

The rims are 4 lug on an existing 91 LX. They are just the look alike 03 cobra rims made 4 lug. The car it's on now doesn't appear to have issues fitting on the wheel hub. Was there a wheel hub difference between the 88 and 91?

The rims are 4 lug on an existing 91 LX. They are just the look alike 03 cobra rims made 4 lug. The car it's on now doesn't appear to have issues fitting on the wheel hub. Was there a wheel hub difference between the 88 and 91?
The fender opening is bigger on the 91 front fenders. There is a mod that can be done to push the front corner of the wheel well outwards making some room.

No difference between the 87-93 hubs. I only mentioned the need to swap to SN95 hubs and spindles because you stated in your original post that you had "'03 Cobra rims", which are a 5-lug wheel, designed for SN95 hubs...not '03 Cobra "replica" wheels in a 4-lug Fox design.

No difference between the 87-93 hubs. I only mentioned the need to swap to SN95 hubs and spindles because you stated in your original post that you had "'03 Cobra rims", which are a 5-lug wheel, designed for SN95 hubs...not '03 Cobra "replica" wheels in a 4-lug Fox design.

Very true. Sorry for the confusion. I appreciated your help.

17x9 with 245's on a 89 LX in the front, 275 on the back. At full lock in reverse if I'm not paying attention it rubs slightly
20160923_190019-1-1-1.jpg