will new quad shocks make a difference

squares98

Aug 20, 2004
Orange,ca
I put new shocks and struts on my gt(116,000 miles)and at the same time I put my stock rear control arms back on. The stock quad shocks are probably worn out because when I go around corners you can constantly feel the back end wiggling from side to side. It seems like it is an abnormal amount.Would new quads fix that(somewhat)?
Bonus Question: Could bad plug wires cause pinging?

• Sponsors (?)

40th GT said:
Quad shocks don't necessairly control side to side movement of the axle, it's supposed to control wheel hop. The PH bar is what controls lateral movement. I'd check the uppers and maybe add subframe connectors?

there is no panhard bar on my car. Does yours have one?

I don't think the quad shocks affect this. your control arms are what locate the axel on this supension design. what lower are you runing? As for the uppers you could look at them but for cornering a rubber upper is recomended.

Stock my car felt like there was movement back there under load. with my spherical control arems if feels pretty solid.

I just walked out to my car and pushed on the back corner in a side to side motion and there was soo much movement(like 4-5 inches) . Basically more than twice as much as my Saab, which feels tight but still moves and inch or so.

40th GT said:
Quad shocks don't necessairly control side to side movement of the axle, it's supposed to control wheel hop. The PH bar is what controls lateral movement. I'd check the uppers and maybe add subframe connectors?
I have subframes, and how could I check the uppers besides visually, which I have done