Will Saleen Racecraft springs work on my convertible?

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
California
I went to Haney Motorsport's website and saw the Saleen Racecraft springs for like $240ish. Would they work on my convertible? Or do they have seperate springs for convertibles like Eibach does? And how low do Saleen Racecraft springs drop my car?

• Sponsors (?)

Seraphitia102 said:
I went to Haney Motorsport's website and saw the Saleen Racecraft springs for like $240ish. Would they work on my convertible? Or do they have seperate springs for convertibles like Eibach does? And how low do Saleen Racecraft springs drop my car?

Just get some H&R Supersport's, great drop and will save you some money.

Seraphitia102 said:
I've seen H&R Supersports, do you know a place where I can order them (one that you said will save me money). And do they have specific convertible springs? or just get the standard?

I JUST bought mine from www.tirerack.com for 230 shipped. Yes they have different ones for convertibles cause our rear ends are heavier. :) Part number for the v8 vert is 51658-77

I can tell you know, and i dont mean to badmouth eibach.. IF you go eibach, get the sportlines. I wasnt happy with the amount of drop on the pro kit. needed another .5" to look good with low profile tires.

I have the Racecraft springs on my car, along with the Racecraft N2 shocks/struts. They came standard on the 281-E. They are great springs. The ride is very compliant and smooth. They probably lower the car less than the H&R springs.

99RioRedVert said:
I have the Racecraft springs on my car, along with the Racecraft N2 shocks/struts. They came standard on the 281-E. They are great springs. The ride is very compliant and smooth. They probably lower the car less than the H&R springs.

Do you know if I can use the racecraft springs with the stock struts and shocks? I do plan to change the struts and shocks but a little later because my budget isn't too big right now. I have the Saleen body kit on already, and my wheel gap is a bit larger than desired.

Seraphitia102 said:
Do you know if I can use the racecraft springs with the stock struts and shocks? I do plan to change the struts and shocks but a little later because my budget isn't too big right now. I have the Saleen body kit on already, and my wheel gap is a bit larger than desired.

You should have no problems using the stock struts/shocks for now. I"ve hard a ton of different things about keeping them or replacing them, or them going bad quicker with the shortened spring. The way i look at it, you either fall into two camps, replace them all at one time and get it over with, or save some money now and replace them later...Either way, at some point down the line, you're probably going to have to replace them with ones that are sufficient for the shorter spring.

Seraphitia102 said:
Thank you for your input :) Would you know how many hours of labor (approximately) it would take for a professional to install them in?

It depends on the shop. 2-4 hours maybe. $100 to $200 most likely. For just springs. Shocks, struts might be a little more. I have never done suspension work before but people say its easy. Maybe another Mustanger in your area could help you out and you can install them yourselves.

Seraphitia102 said:
Thank you for your input :) Would you know how many hours of labor (approximately) it would take for a professional to install them in?

I paid 180 to put the eibach's in and it took them less than 2 hours, thats with a lift. After watching them do it, i can honestly say that i think that I, with basically no mechanical knowledge what so ever could probably do it. Me and a buddy are gonna tackle installing the new H&R springs this saturday, using a few guides online and a Haynes manual. IF you got the time and think it may be kinda fun, try doing them yourself. I'm looking forward to it... whcih is a first for me, cause i usually have a shop do any install work on my car..

about 1.5" roughly, maybe a little less...similar to the pro-kit. i swapped mine out for sportlines because the 99 year racecraft suspension was awful. there was a recall on my shocks [which were blown] so i got the upgraded n2 stuff but i opted for eibach sportlines for a lower drop.

before [racecraft]:

mine was because the rear shocks were blown [there was a recall on the black/red racecraft shocks] the new ones 2000+ are yellow/blue bilsteins called n2 racecraft suspension. the car handled very very well still even tho the rear shocks were on their way out when i bought the car

The weight distribution is different for convertibles so a company that makes springs and is worth a crap will offer springs with rates specifically appropriate for the convertible. Get ones that are actually for a convertible...

Kilgore Trout said:
The weight distribution is different for convertibles so a company that makes springs and is worth a crap will offer springs with rates specifically appropriate for the convertible. Get ones that are actually for a convertible...

Do you know what springs Saleen uses for the convertible models? I was only able to find one set of Racecraft springs