Will the 6.8L v10 from a ford truck fit?

• Sponsors (?)

enyawix said:
What is the biggest engine I can fit into a 5.0? mustang? Will the 6.8L v10 from a ford truck fit? I want 500hp+. I will NEVER get that from a modded 302.
uhhhhhh it would cost more to fabricate something to put that BIG modular motor in that car than it would to just build up a 302 based stroker......There are SEVERAL people getting 500hp from 302 based motors

what is this guy talking about? you can easily get 500 hp with a 302. got a buddy that does it all day long in 4 of his mustangs. 91 lx that is a 306 that makes 700hp at the wheels, his dads 92 lx that is a 306 makes 530hp at the wheels, his 93 coupe that is a 306 makes 544hp at the wheels, his 93 cobra makes 500 at the wheels. the only one that he cant drive on the street is the 91 lx because its got a c4 and 5500 stall. it can be done, you just have to build the motor to a recipe

doing a swap like that is not worth it at all.. the triton v10 honestly is a pos.. makes crap power and is big and worthless.. doing a 385 series engine ie 429/460 would be much easier and cheaper.. and much easier to build power with

and as for 302 not making 500hp.. hahaha you can make so much more then 500hp with a 302

my big POS V10 in my dually pulls my big POS 38foot scarab boat like a walk in the park. The V10 is not geared towards this industry, but to say it's junk makes you look foolish. 500+ at the wheels on a stock block is a ticking time bomb, I dont care who has what, or how long they have had it. It will split sooner or later, Ill bet my house and all my toys on it. Been there broke that. N/A 302-306's take a nice amount of work and cash to make 500+ at the tire. Dont kid yourself. Too much magazine and internet racing:rlaugh:

sbftech said:
my big POS V10 in my dually pulls my big POS 38foot scarab boat like a walk in the park. The V10 is not geared towards this industry, but to say it's junk makes you look foolish. 500+ at the wheels on a stock block is a ticking time bomb, I dont care who has what, or how long they have had it. It will split sooner or later, Ill bet my house and all my toys on it. Been there broke that. N/A 302-306's take a nice amount of work and cash to make 500+ at the tire. Dont kid yourself. Too much magazine and internet racing:rlaugh:
:Word: The V-10 with a tuner and some eshaust work is a real strong motor, especially the 2005 with the 3v heads, they area bout 350 hp factory. But it wouldnt be cost effective to put one in a 5.0. Cool, yes, pennywise, no. Ford put a modified one in the Shelby Cobra car that they built, and it screams. IMO, the most cost effective way to build a reliable 500 hp Mustang is a boosted 351W.

sbftech said:

before i had the the powerstoke.. i had a v10.. that thing was a pos.. would not tow the 40 foot box trailer i have even empty.. at 45000 miles had to replace the head gaskets.. and it was a pos.. the powerstoke is much better.. and as for a stoke block 302.. yeah 500 at the crank is even a ticking time bomb... he was asking about 500 out of a 302.. if it could be done.. and the answer is yes..

STANGateURlilSS said:
before i had the the powerstoke.. i had a v10.. that thing was a pos.. would not tow the 40 foot box trailer i have even empty.. at 45000 miles had to replace the head gaskets.. and it was a pos.. the powerstoke is much better.. and as for a stoke block 302.. yeah 500 at the crank is even a ticking time bomb... he was asking about 500 out of a 302.. if it could be done.. and the answer is yes..
Oh now your comparing a gasser to a diesel :rlaugh: Well my V10 had 70k on it and pulls a 12,000lb boat almost every weekend. Ya 500 out of a 302 is doable, its just not realistic. Thin decks+swiss cheese block= back to the drawing board.

Yea, the ford V10 will go right in. I have a 1988 mustang coupe that i swap out the factory K-Member for a tubualar one for mod motors and used motor mounts from a 03 4.6 (bolt right on). I had too use a flywheel from a 4.6 DOHC motor and used a tremec 5 spd for a mod motor. These motors will bolt right in and clear the firewall without denting anything in and clear the steering as well. The only thing you'll have too have is either a 5-6" cowl hood or a scoop too clear the intake (it's reallt tall). i had a upper intake fabbed with the throttle body mounted on the front and cut out my 3" cowl hood and have it sticking out. These motors are insane when installed in these cars and LOTS OF FUN, LOL!!!!!!!!!! If you have any questions about doing this swap just ask.

unless your getting the motor for dirt cheap its not worth it.

im assuming that you have a 302 in the car already, and if that's the case just get a good head/cam/intake combo and put a supercharger or turbo on it and have a nice day.

and as for ticking timebombs... my car made 480 to the wheels, and i still have a one piece block a year later.

90lxcoupe said:
unless your getting the motor for dirt cheap its not worth it.

im assuming that you have a 302 in the car already, and if that's the case just get a good head/cam/intake combo and put a supercharger or turbo on it and have a nice day.

and as for ticking timebombs... my car made 480 to the wheels, and i still have a one piece block a year later.
its got a long fuse:rlaugh: and 480 aint enough for me

Yea, it's an easy swap i think, but yea, it's exspensive unless you can get it cheap. I bought mine from my cousin that rolled his truck. Bought the whole truck from him for really cheap. Went too the local salvage yard and just happen too find a stang with the tubualar K-Member in it (D&D style) as well as the tremec trans. It was pretty cheap build-up and fun. Thinking about putting a turbo on it now and let it rip (new dished forged pistons of course).