Will This Fix My Wheel Hop?

shhak

Dec 4, 2006
I just got the rest of the parts I've been ordering to try to stop my 03 cobra from wheel hopping. Here's what I've got...

1) Billetflow Differential Cover Brace.
2) Maximum Motorsports Differential Bushings.
3) Maximum Motorsports IRS Subframe Bushings.
4) Billetflow IRS Mounting Brackets.
5) Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors.

I got the info from a thread on another site. It was recommended to me by someone on here.

So, will my wheel hop be a thing of the past, or did I just waste a lot of money? Going to start installing them this weekend, so do I work in anticipation, or do I work knowing I'm gonna be dissapointed when I crack the throttle and let the hopping begin?

Thanks for the help...

• Sponsors (?)

Your wheel hop will be greatly reduced, BUT.... in some instances you will still see some hop. Cold weather will have a big effect on wheel hop. You may also want to look into getting some adjustable rear shocks which allow you to increase the rebound dampening. I run a set of "Anti-hop" shocks from HBH (Horsepower by Herman) and they helped out a lot. Additionally, a good sticky tire will reduce the overall hop too.

U.M.

I'm thinking of finding an 99-04 GT rearend and just do a swap. I just bought this Cobra Friday. I took it to the track Sunday to see what it would run. Left at 3,000 and Boom! Twisted the halfshaft like a pretzel. The car only has 36,000 miles on it. :notnice:

No doubt the parts you listed will help things . What I have found is that a sticky set of tires goes a long way...no spin= no hop. You car may be a DD, so DR's may not be a wise choice. Lowering the car also will help. Good luck.