Window rattling

My driver's side window rattles when it is down, but not when it's up. I took the door panel off to see if I could diagnose the problem, but I could not see anything awry. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you remedy it? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

RandyStinchcomb said:
there are 2 door window stabilizers at the top of each door, they put slight tension on the pannal and glass. they could be worn, missing or loose,
Same issue on our 01. Randy, are these stabilizers behind the door panel? I mean, you aren't talking about the felt pieces on the inside and outside of the window are ya?
The window is fine when it's up, but if you close the door when it's half down or all the way down, the glass rattles...waiting for it to break one of these days! :bang: Any ideas?

Roll your window up about 1/2" and see if that stops it.

I fixed this in my car (for a little while) by sticking some padding on the inside of the door braces, the window had gotten to where it was resting on the inside of the door itself..

My window is AFU now though, the rear end of the window is off the track somehow, it raises too high and I have to push it back down to make the door shut right :(

twogts4us said:
Same issue on our 01. Randy, are these stabilizers behind the door panel? I mean, you aren't talking about the felt pieces on the inside and outside of the window are ya?
The window is fine when it's up, but if you close the door when it's half down or all the way down, the glass rattles...waiting for it to break one of these days! :bang: Any ideas?

no, these are 2 "L" shaped brkts that keep tension on the glass. got access to a fax? can send you a picture alot eaiser then me trying to discribe :D

RandyStinchcomb said:
no, these are 2 "L" shaped brkts that keep tension on the glass. got access to a fax? can send you a picture alot eaiser then me trying to discribe :D
Yes, please Fax us what you've got, Randy - much appreciated :nice: . The number is 727-683-2062, please put to the attention of Tammy. :cheers:

I've answered threads like this dozens of times, same result is the rattling when the window is down, same answer i say: L brackets are either bent or loose.

too bad no one ever gets back afterwards and posts up if they did anything about it.