Window regulator help?

Hi, could anyone here help me with a window regulator install? On my 01, the driver's side power window regulator went bad. I have been driving with it like this for the last year and a half. I can move the window up or down by hand. If you press the power window switch, you just hear a buzzing sound, no movement. I just got a part from a local junkyard. I'm going to see if my friend(mechanic) can change it out for me, but he's real busy with work. Has anyone here changed their window regulator assembly? I've heard from a few people that they had the same problem as me. I wanted to find out how hard of a job it is? Could anyone give me some advice on how to fix? Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Get the door panel off and take a look in there.

You will have to remove the arm rest, unplug the wiring and then find all the push pins around the outside of the panel. Pull the bottom and sides away from the door, and then pull the panel up to remove it. You should be able to see everything that you need to in there in order to determine if it is within your capabilities.

Let us know how it goes.

Yea, I got all the inner door panel off easy. The part I need to replace looks like a little saw blade. I can unscrew and get the parts out through the opening inside the door panel. I'm still trying to decide if I can do it myself or wait till my friend has time.