Window regulator update:Done

driftin luke

Mar 17, 2003
On my last update I related that I got my window and new reg back in but the window would only go half way down.Well last week end I took the window out and tried to re-install it after a little wrangling it slid into place.Turns out the front slide had not gone into the track but was riding on the side.After that everything went back together with no problem.Having completed this job here are a few of my observations: GREASE!Ford is real stingy with the grease for these regs. If you buy your car new I'd advise pulling the door panels when it's 2 years old and greasing the crap out of the reg and everything that goes with it.If you buy the car used (older than 2 years) do it right away. BOLTS- use the bolts they are faster,cheaper and if you have to remove window in the future it will save you a lot of time and effort.RELAY-when you remove the door panel un-clip the relay and plug it back in then tape it out of the way on the inside of the door,this way you can cycle the reg when you want to make it go up and down without doing any fancy electrical stuff. In hindsite I believe what happened to my reg was it ran out of grease,the front slide jumped the track, then it bent the arm that slides in the horizontal track and then pulled the rear mounting bracket off the glass.Also the only way I see to give these things a good greasing is to take the door panel and the plastic moisture barrier off theres just no other way IMHO.Luke.

• Sponsors (?)