Window run channel seals

larsnuhsaq

Apr 8, 2005
Arkansas
Anyone have any tips on replacing the run channel seals?
Is there an easy way to get them down in the door and into the window guide?
I sprayed them down with silicone, but when I try to get them down they just pop out of the guide, and the window will not push them in itself.
Thanks for any input.
Carl

• Sponsors (?)

When I put mine in I remember thinking they were easier than I thought they would be. Have you put the whole seal in and then tried slowly rolling up the window. It may help to take the door panel off to view things better. Make sure you spray the inside of the run channel so the glass slides easy.

Took off the door panel and it is still hard to get to the track on the front of the glass to put in the seal. It goes about a foot and a half down in the door. I will try to spray some more silicone on the back side of the seal and pull it down while rolling up the window.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Alright, got the seal in the window guide inside the door, but it wont stay in there and the window baerly rolls up and not all the way. I can't see anywhere this is obviously binding.
The top part of the run channel seal around the door frame seems to somewhat lock in place, but the in-door part doesn't, and if it is not there, of course the glass gets out of the track.
I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, I am just at my wits end for tonight.
I'd much rather be swappin in the TKO than screwin with interior parts. Oh, well.

Use a long, flat head screwdriver to get it to seat in the lower, vertical channel behind the door panel. As mentioned above, remove the door panel for complete access.

Use silicone spray to help get the run into place, and go to your local Ford dealer for a bottle of "mini vent lube" for inside the run. After you get the run in place, drip some mini vent lube down the run with the window down, roll up and down the window a bunch of times to get the lube all in the run, between it and the glass.

This will help "seat" the run, and the lube will help keep the glass moving freely in the run.

I bought new ones after Christmas. This thread is making me not look forward to installing these!!

I have pulled them top half down to repaint the flat black area, that was easy, but I naver pulled the weatherstrip out of the channel.