windsor jr heads

sprintertech

Dec 9, 2007
i picked up a set of windsor jr heads for next to nothing....they have been lightly ported......any expereince with these heads......budget is really tight for toys so for me its run what you got......as of now its a built 306 (have a few cams), car has exhaust and a kit on it.....thats all....went 12.76@106 with 1.59 60ft......im looking to squeeze a few more rpm's out of it cause its looking for another gear at the big end:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Really haven't heard much about at all. I do know a member here (also admin for sn95forums.com) uses those heads. Last time I asked him he was happy with them, hell just about anything is better then stock imo.

whats his sig id like to talk to him or if you dont mind ask him to post here....i tried sn95forums and for some reason the forum section is down......thanks!

I ran the windsor jrs on my last stang right out of the box and I liked them. That was on a 94 convertible and my best time with them was a 13.8. When that got got totalled I sold that motor to a friend.

My present stang I decided to try them again. This time I took them to a machine shop and had the valves removed so I could clean up the ports, eliminate some of the flash, clean up the bowls and remove the sharp edges around the valve guide boses. This made a big improvment in power compared to the box stock set. Windsors are decent set of heads but if you put a little time into them they can be a real nice set of heads.

whats his sig id like to talk to him or if you dont mind ask him to post here....i tried sn95forums and for some reason the forum section is down......thanks!
His user name is 91Lx_5l
http://forums.stangnet.com/members/91lx_5l/
His sig from sn95forums reads:
1994 Mustang GT
Show: 18\" Chrome roush wheels, Cobra R hood, Cobra front bumper /w abc lip, Smoked headlights
Go: World\'s Windsor Jr Heads, e303 Cam, Polished cobra intake, bbk 70mm tb, bbk cai, bbk headers, bbk offroad h pipe, flowies, steeda tri-ax, kirban afpr, 3.55 gears
Ride: MM Coil-Overs, MM LCAs, Steeda UCAs, Tokico Illuminas, 13\" Cobra brakes & Baer 13\" rear kit /w slotted/drilled rotors
...and more
The site was down but it's back up now.

I ran the windsor juniors on my 306. Out the box they were a decent head....after I opened them up a bit they were a realllly decent head for what I paid for them. I ended up putting down 428 to the wheels.....of course that was on a blower setup so take that for what it's worth.

I did run these heads on my (so far) NA 331...Those heads, a blower cam, and a ported cobra intake made 317 to the wheels...I don't think that's bad at all for a combo meant for a blower....but ran without one.