Winter is Boring...so I did this

bobc83

Jul 31, 2007
Normal,IL
decided I need to do something fun this winter, so I installed a S-trim vortech on my stang and some 18x9/10 fr500s with 305/35 nitto dr's on the rear. I will get some better close up shots when it stop raining.

Tunning was done by Bob Kurgan, he's a really nice guy and he sure did help me out! It was fun to do though.

YouTube - 03 Mustang Vortech -- Meth Run

View attachment 271275

View attachment 271276

100_3410.jpg

DynoRPM-2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

you could, but 400hp is still going to be about the limit for the bottom end

Very nice car and good numbers! Oh and the old myth isnt true anymore :lol:I have always heard 400 is the most you want on the stock bottom end, over on Modularforums there are several guys running stock bottom ends running 450-525hp at the wheels. Its all in the tune. These modulars are stronger then some think....BUT if you have a iffy or off tune, they will go kaboom easier at 450+ but you can get into the 400's with no worries:nice: Its all in the tune!

Very nice car and good numbers! Oh and the old myth isnt true anymore :lol:I have always heard 400 is the most you want on the stock bottom end, over on Modularforums there are several guys running stock bottom ends running 450-525hp at the wheels. Its all in the tune. These modulars are stronger then some think....BUT if you have a iffy or off tune, they will go kaboom easier at 450+ but you can get into the 400's with no worries:nice: Its all in the tune!

I agree with you on the tune, it's a Bob Kurgan tune so I am good to go! :)

I hear so many stories, and witness this too, somewhere between 400-450 will survive, but for how long? I'd rather have years of fun with it rather than push it to the limit and have to build a short block. Plus I think if I spend any more than gas money on the car this month my girlfriend will leave me :D:nono:

+1 there are guys on here with 450+rwhp on the stock block...more importantly i think a lot of it depends on how good of a driver you are

I told YOU a hundred times to give me your wheels, so I had to go get my own :)

lol nah man I just forgot, spent most this winter figuring out this weird snow stuff?

how's the Cobra coming along? 500hp n/a right?

I told YOU a hundred times to give me your wheels, so I had to go get my own :)

lol nah man I just forgot, spent most this winter figuring out this weird snow stuff?

how's the Cobra coming along? 500hp n/a right?

psh...ya i wish, i still need to get it tuned. i am hoping for 360-375. gotta keep expectations low so im not disappointed when the power is low. i am getting mine tuned at SuttonHP

500 n/a is not possiable. Stroked to a 5.0 with PP heads and balenced and bluprinted with a hilborn injection system and it will pop out 471 hp. Thats about the most you can get out of them :shrug: