Wiper Delete

I want to ditch my wipers as I don't use them and I think my car will look better without them. However, i would like to leave the mechanism under the dash in place. Where can I find some appropriately splined caps to replace my wiper arms? This is for a 68 mustang, all I can find is stuff for late model fox's and newer.

• Sponsors (?)

My thought is that if you do that it will look like some type of temporary or rigged fix.

Personally, I would leave them alone. You have to have them to be street legal anyway.

As far as I know, not having wipers in my state (az) is not illegal. My FF cobra did not have wipers and passed inspection. I live in the desert and do not drive in the rain. Does anyone know if the foxbody wipers have the same size and spline configuration?

Besides needing them or not, the car will look half ass if there are wiper components showing and no wipers. The caps will look like someone plugged off something that doesn't work to avoid having to fix it.

The only way a car with out wipers will look good is if you completely eliminate them and smoother over the cowl so it looks like it never had them.

I wouldn't do that though, because the time may come when it needs the wipers back like if/when you sell it or move to a different region.

I'm sorry, but I do not know of any caps that would serve this purpose.

I wish I lived somewhere without rain, heck I need an ice scraper... (no I don't drive it in the snow)

try some of the old school hot rod suppliers, I have seen a number of show cars with fairly stylish caps over the wiper splines

just a thought
gtss
:canada:

I found some black caps at the local hardware store that cover the windshield wiper shafts nicely. I don't have a great pic, but here's a recent image where you can see the wiper shafts covered by caps.

31_1257316776.jpg

Thats a great looking Stang. I like the scoop, fascia, grille, and lights. It looks mean. I think it would look better with the wipers back on though. No offense, but the little caps look goofy. I guess, if you like it thats all that really matters though right.