Wire for 1-Wire Alt

Ogre67

Founding Member
Apr 15, 2002
Well just got my new powermaster 1 wire alt in and guess what they didnt send the 1 wire :) So I need to know what gauge wire etc I should get for it.

Thanks
Ogre

• Sponsors (?)

crushnut said:
I would either return it, or have them send you whatever you need to install it, but thats just me.

Whys that, wire is just wire right? I mean no big deal to go get some wire for 2 bucks rather then waiting a week or so to get it.

Does anyone know where I can get a powermaster alt that ISN'T chrome? I have been searching the net, and everything is chromed.

I need the 100 amp, 1 wire, in the stock looking housing.

Oh yea, and 4 guage is plenty Ogre. ;)

dolfan87 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a powermaster alt that ISN'T chrome? I have been searching the net, and everything is chromed.

I need the 100 amp, 1 wire, in the stock looking housing.

Oh yea, and 4 guage is plenty Ogre. ;)

This is the alternator I got 100 amp powermaster 1 wire non chrome. I got it from summit for 143 was pain to find since the powermasters have like 6 diff categories.

Also does Summit usually ship overnight? I didnt pay for it but somehow mine got sent to me overnight shipping.

Its pretty nice but havent hooked it up yet too cold outside (and its florida!)

Alt
Alt2

Well went and had my battery tested to make sure it just wasnt a bad alt. 10 volts rest 5 under load :) So new battery and sprung for the red top optima. So hopefully this will resolve all my issues in this area for a few years.

Power