Wish I didn't have to do it..

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by QangMartoq, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QangMartoq

QangMartoq New Member

.. But it has come to pass that I will be moving from FL to CA within the next six months, and that the only way to make the trip is to sell my 4-cyl Stang and get a minivan again.

I was the owner of a nice '96 Ford Windstar GL with the 3.8L V6. It was good to me, but I've read of many people's horror stories with blown head gaskets, trans failures, electrical gremlins, etc.

Hoping that my luck holds out again, I am looking to purchase another identical van, but with the 3.0L V6 instead of the 3.8. The 3.0 seems to have a MUCH better reliability record.

Any comments as to my choice? Something I may be overlooking? I'm just wanting a nice looking, nice riding, comfortable, and reliable van that can tow 2,000 pounds for 3,000 miles, and be ready to work as a courier once I arrive.

Also.. People in this forum generally try to get the most power/performance out of their engines (which is always nice) - But I was wondering - Are there any mods that would increase my future vans' fuel efficiency, along with power/performance? Since power/performance usually go hand in hand with increased engine/trans/drivetrain efficiency, I figure people here might know some tricks.

CA is strict on emissions, and with the reformulated gas, and higher gas prices, I'm looking for anything I can do to raise my MPG, since I'll be driving the van a LOT once I get there.

Thanks!

2. ChingonStang

ChingonStang Member

Uhm...Windstar? Am I in the wrong forum?

3. Darkhorse845

Darkhorse845 Banned

4. Lsredy2kstang

Lsredy2kstang Look, I'm special, dammit

Yes, you would think that you are in the classifieds and not the forums huh?

Go away troll, sell your wares elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.