WMS intake vs CDC Shaker

• Sponsors (?)

Well it looks great cda1028! You should def. get the ram air tray so the intake isn't sucking in hot air. And I may have to contact WMS about the filter hitting the hood when shut. It seems like they should have designed it where the hood would not hit it.

I too installed a wms intake without a tray(I do plan to get one). The car was never dynoed however I did do a g-tech run befor and after. I tried to eliminate variables as much as possible, same road same temp approx same lauch. Before 0-60 5.28 after 5.20 and the quarter mph gained 2 mph. I know that these are not science but it felt good to see a gain.

FLYIN said:
I too installed a wms intake without a tray(I do plan to get one). The car was never dynoed however I did do a g-tech run befor and after. I tried to eliminate variables as much as possible, same road same temp approx same lauch. Before 0-60 5.28 after 5.20 and the quarter mph gained 2 mph. I know that these are not science but it felt good to see a gain.

I also noticed a nice gain in performance. I also wish I would have had a chance to get to a dyno before install but I could not wait to get it in. I just found out about an auto shop that is up in San Bernardino is hosting a dyno day on 3 June. They are offering 3 pulls on their dyno for only 45 bucks :D . That is a heck of a deal, I am definitely going since it is only about 40 miles from my house. Most places around here charge at least $100 per hour if not more. I will post my results when I get back.

Tray for sale

cda1028 said:
I also noticed a nice gain in performance. I also wish I would have had a chance to get to a dyno before install but I could not wait to get it in. I just found out about an auto shop that is opening up in San Bernardino on 3 June. They are offering 3 pulls on their dyno for only 45 bucks :D . That is a heck of a deal, I am definitely going since it is only about 40 miles from my house. Most places around here charge at least $100 per hour if not more. I will post my results when I get back.

Which place is this? I'm in Upland CA and would love to get a baseline before I install my WMS and lined tray and Jet TB spacer [still sitting in the boxes here]. I have the following dyno guys' numbers:

Powertrain Dynamics [Steve] in Huntington Beach 714-373-0068
J&D [Derek] in Ontario 909-930-1100
GTR in Rancho Cucamonga 909-987-4386

I don't know any of these guys, just heard the names around.

Oh, and I have an extra very slightly used WMS tray for sale. Email me if interested.

Mike E
[email protected]

I found this info posted on the Regional section of this MB under WC Discussions. I am going to call them early next week to make sure it is still on for the 3rd.

ST Motorsports is hosting a dyno day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a dyno day on June 3rd 06.This is the first event in the new shop.The cost will be $45.00 for 3 pulls with a/f.Everyone who dynos will be given a meal ticket.The day will start at 9 am and end at 7pm.Hope to see you guys there.
Locationn is 380 south I st San Bernardino CA 92410
909 388 2536
web:spankintime.com​

So I made it to ST Motorsports dyno day yesterday and got some good numbers, even though it was over 100+ degrees. We are in the process of moving so my scanner is not hooked up, but here are the numbers at the rear wheel. I was impressed considering this was with the factory tune.

1st Run: Max Power 267.8 Max Torque: 293.1
2nd Run: Max Power 274.8 Max Torque: 292.3
3rd Run: Max Power 279.3 Max Torque: 290.8

what would you rather do, spend money on a Shaker that either does nothing to improve hp and torque maybe even reduce your performance or spend your money on something that will get you down the track/road faster with numbers to back it up.

The decision is yours of course, more go or all show?

-Dan

Good choice, you will not regret it.

When I took my car to the shop for the dyno run the guy asked what it was. He had never seen it before. He commented that with this intake he would be able to give me a tune that would push me over 300. Planning on doing it soon, just bought a house so I am a little delayed in some of my mod plans.

I am interested to hear if your filter rubs the hood liner as well...pls let me know.

Good question, he has tuned Mustangs with all sorts of mods and he was impressed with my ‘starting’ numbers, starting being ‘pre-tune’. A buddy of mine is running a C&L CAI and a customized tune and at the same “dyno day” only pulled 5 rwhp more than I did. Honestly if I do have him tune my ride and it improves mpg and rwhp any amount, I will be happy.

#1171 Ram Air Hood, talk about fitting like a glove right out of the box, only have a minor issue with inserts and they are resolving this matter this week.

Attachments

• Mvc-013s.jpg
    Mvc-013s.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Mvc-020s.jpg
    Mvc-020s.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 85