Won't Start! Help!

Modular96GT

Aug 4, 2005
Hello,

I bought a 96 gt with a blown motor. The car had been a blown 4.6 with no telling what else on it before I bought it. By Blown 4.6 - I mean supercharged.
I removed the Aeromotive fuel system and returned everything to stock except instaling a 2000 4.6 Windsor. I checked the PCM before starting and as expected there was a chip installed, I believe a piggyback style that installs on the service port. I removed it. Know I have completed the install and i am trying to start the %*&# thing. The motor cranks and fuel pressure is 38psi. The motor will not fire, i checked the coils and they have 12 volts to them but the plugs do not fire. I also checked the injectors, the red wire has voltage. This leads me to believe it is the PCM, is it possible that the last owner flashed the stock PCM to override that part of the computer? Since it had the aeromotive fuel system, I am guessing it may have had a special ignition, I don't know really. Is it possible the PCM is trashed? I should add that I had two keys programmed for the car, the theft light does stop flashing so I assume they work. I may have removed the chip when the key was on, not sure. Any help, please!

• Sponsors (?)

Start out by re-installing the old chip and see what this does.If it's tuned for a blower it will probably run rich if you can get it started,but at least it will run.See if there are any codes that were set during the start-up attempt.

Try resetting the fuel shut off switch in the trunk.If that doesn't help,
check to see if you have spark as you spin over the engine. If so, then hook up a fuel pressure guage or try removing a plug and putting a little bit of fuel down the spark plug hole, if it fires then you you know it's a fuel problem.

Edit:Whoops!! I double checked and I see where you have no spark.