Woo-HOO!!! 1990 5.0 Longblock!!

joeythesaint

Feb 9, 2003
Seattle
Christmas ROCKS. My father-in-law bought a 1990 Mustang 5.0 H.O. longblock with the fuel injection setup for pennies; he only wanted the FI off it and doesn't need the engine so, "Merry Christmas, Joey!" Gonna port the heads, throw some 1.7's and a monster cam in that puppy, & bolt on the Tower O' Induction.

Spring mods (stuff I've got lying around) will include new seats, a 4-point roll bar, 15's on Turbines, a line-lock, and an exhaust flamethrower kit. I'm gonna give the world an unforeseen set of problems, come spring. :nice:

This spring I'll be selling my '86 H.O. , with the custom cam, ported E6 heads, a 289 4-barrel intake, and an Eddie 1406. Dunno how much, yet. Probably $600-ish. If there are no local takers, watch the "For Sale" section when the weather gets better.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, I have. My current setup is choked somewhat due to the flat-top pistons and the resulting p/v clearance-- or more to the point, lack thereof.

When I was getting the cam ground for my current build, the cam shop worked out a set of numbers that they believed would be "ideal" -- it was in the mid .5's with a wicked long intake IIRC, and they recommended those numbers and 1.7's on a 5.0 motor with fly-cut pistons to really wake the tunnel ram up. As it is, they did the best they could and it goes pretty well.

In a couple of months we'll see how smart they truly are. . . .