Woohoo into the 11's!

Hey guys! Went to the track to today and broke the 11's! Previous best was a 12.24 at 113 mph on motor (331). Now I'm sportin a Paxton 1220SL.

Time trials:

First run - 11.91 @ 116.86
Second run 11.56 @ 121.52
Third run - 11.54 @ 120.97
Fourth run - 12.31 @ 112.02 ( Completely missed 4th gear)

Eliminations:

12.09 @ 117.39 (Again missed 4th)
Lost to a GTA 14.85 @ 91.49

I had a heck of a time as the day went on with the tranny. It may have been driver error as I was getting jacked up to run a better time. I sure wish I had a tricked out C4 for the track. Also I'm running stock lower and upper control arms, and lowering springs in the front so I need to make some changes to lower the e.t.s even more.

Anyways I wanted to share my excitment. I will try posting some video tonight.

• Sponsors (?)

I was hoping some upgrades would help. I have eibach lowering springs and lakewood 70/30's out front. We installed some weight jacker control arms, moroso rear drag springs, UPR tubular uppers and went this past weekend. Ran a 11.76, but it was stinkin hot outside so it was obviously not ideal for a non-intercooled blower car.

Mt Dad comes with me to the track everytime I go and watches from the stands. He said that the car left alot straighter instead of doing the akward left wheel up launch. It felt great in the car and thought I made great time. However the best 60 ft I could pull off was a 1.68. :notnice: I have had a best of 1.58 on stock stuff.

But I know the big thing hampering me are my dinky little slicks. 26 x 8's! They look about half the size of my 275/60/15 street tires. JUst can't convince the wife to let me buy some and can't find any used.....so it will have to do. :(

I was thinking of running a 28 x 10 slick on draglite 15 x 8 w/ 5.5 bs. Any opinions?

If I can't get this thing to run faster and contemplating gutting it!

I was hoping some upgrades would help. I have eibach lowering springs and lakewood 70/30's out front. We installed some weight jacker control arms, moroso rear drag springs, UPR tubular uppers and went this past weekend. Ran a 11.76, but it was stinkin hot outside so it was obviously not ideal for a non-intercooled blower car.

Mt Dad comes with me to the track everytime I go and watches from the stands. He said that the car left alot straighter instead of doing the akward left wheel up launch. It felt great in the car and thought I made great time. However the best 60 ft I could pull off was a 1.68. :notnice: I have had a best of 1.58 on stock stuff.

But I know the big thing hamering me are my dinky little slicks. 26 x 8's! They look about half the size of my 275/60/15 street tires. JUst can't convince the wife to let me buy some and can't find any used.....so it will have to do. :(

I was thinking of running a 28 x 10 slick on draglite 15 x 8 w/ 5.5 bs. Any opinions?

If I can't get this thing to run faster and contemplating gutting it!

cant you just tell the wife its time for new slicks and not explain any further?