would cold air be beneficial???

• Sponsors (?)

Yes cold air kits are beneficial. They add both horsepower and in most cases increase gas mileage. Some cold air kits require tunes and some don't. Off the top of my head, K&N, BBK and Air Raid all make CAI that don't require tunes. Many others make kits that require tunes. It is generally agreed that you will get the most benefit from those that use tunes but the others are still useful. You can check out this article below on a comparison of several different cold air kits for the new cars.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_0601w_cold_air_intake_comparisons/index.html

You can do a search and find many other discussions on the topic as it has been discussed countless times before.

I wouldn't fool with the ones that don't require a tune. Get a CAI/tuner package from brenspeed or bamachips. Your going to need that tuner if you plan on doing a lot of mods.

As mentioned before, this has been beat to death here,but jsut to quickly answer the questions. Yes it is beneficial at least to some extent that it allows more "cooler" to the intake. The tuner is the key to unlocking the power in these cars, so whether or not the CAI needs it, get one! Can't go wrong with a tuner/CAI kit from either Brenspeed(where I got mine)or Bamachips.