Would I benefit fron stepping down to 24 lb injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5spd GT said:
Dagger: In quote of me where I was talking about clearance issues with the heads...I was being general and I was referring to the AFR 185's...not the TW's...aren't the 185's a 2.02 intake valve...and with that E cam he has planned (without knowing for sure)...I'd be willing to bet there would be p-v clearance problems with those big of valves on the intake side because the valve would basically overlap a non-modified piston in his car...it wouldn't fall in the half-moon relief so to say...that is all I meant by that...I was being general with his "general" statement...I should have been more specific...but anyways...sorry for the explanation but everything else you have said is right on from what I have seen/heard from the "veterans" on here... :nice: (

I think you misunderstood why I quoted you. It was so ralph could look back and see what HIS quote was about. HE referred to the TW as having trouble with clearance problems where the AFRs would not, which in the case of small block Fords, just doesn't happen. I totally agree that the AFR heads can have the problems you describe. Partly, because I cannot run them on my car at all without fly cutting the pistons. The TWs on the other hand... straight bolt and go. So if the TWs will fit my slightly higher compression flat tops with not valve reliefs they'll certainly fit the later model Stangs.

• Sponsors (?)

"At WOT the computer uses a different set of tables anyway so this wouldn't effect your power, also at WOT the computer doesn't read of the O2's, it simply reads off the MAF and supplies the correct fuel amount via an algorithm. The pulse width learning curve is for idle and part throttle driveability. "

Actually it uses the base fuel table with a WOT multiplier applied to it but it also uses the base a/f table so over time it will adjust pulsewidths to hit these a/f. Under WOT it absolutely does read O2s! Changing FP will trim a/f for awhile but eventually it'll go back. How do I know been tuning EEC for close to three years while datalogging the changes. It takes the compute some time to adjust back but it will get back. If in fact your car is running rich (which at this point I 'm doubting) then there is something else wrong with your car.

Daggar said:
I think you misunderstood why I quoted you.

Yeah I misunderstood...sorry about that...

Raph - Go race somebody with your "soon to be" 600rwhp turbo powered car...or is it 450rwhp...or is it boldsword car...ahhhhhhhh....you got me confused :D

Status
Not open for further replies.