Would you Cancel Extended Warranty?

StevenGT-02

Founding Member
Mar 5, 2002
Long Island, NY
I would like some opinions on canceling my extended warranty, i bough the extra 3/30k ...so its 6/60k i will have the car 3 years march 05, the car only has 13k miles on it...she is my weekend toy only..so should i cancel and use the $$ for mods or keep it just in case i break something 2 years from now? i assume i will get the full $$ back since i never tapped into the extended yet. i paid $800+

• Sponsors (?)

I cancelled mine because of all the mods I put on the car. I figured they would say sorry because you have all this stuff on your car we are not going to cover it.

I am like you and only drive it on the weekends. Since your not putting alot of miles on it as well, I would cancel it. Use the money for Mods. That is my opinion.

Thanks,

You'll most likely rec'v a 'prorated' refund, based on the time you've had it, not so much because you haven't used it...i would first check the 'fine print'....but if you are due a full refund, heck yes... get that money! 3 years and only 13k miles?? i wish i had your car!

If it is a Ford ESP, it is pro-rated after 60 days of purchase regardless if you have used the warranty or not. Also, if they included the ESP into your car loan you will not receive the refund directly. They will credit your car loan the pro rated amount to reduce the amount you owe. Now if you paid for the warranty out of pocket after the initial purchase of the vehicle, you will get the money in the form of a check in about two weeks. Something to think about if you are wanting the money for mods.

Couple months ago I had an oil leak under my car. I thought it was from the valve cover. Well it was from the head gasket. I had 34,000 miles on it and I had an extended warranty. I also had some other mods BTW, but the dealership took care of everything. I just paid the deductable (50.00).
The total was like $1200.00.
I hate to say it, but some domestic cars are not where they should be in reliability and I expect my mustang to break down. Maybe its my driving, but my mustang is sure fun to drive like it was made to be.

i would!, i dont even use my 36k warranty i do it myself unless its a bigass job...most of there techs dont know crap and do more worse than good....they can scratch your paint! not fix crap and joy ride it !!

I would cancel it. Even if you get the top of the line extended warranty, it doen't cover the stuff that will typically go wrong after 36K. Headlights, trim, etc. Plus, its over priced.