Wow i think i funked my car up

how many miles you got on the car just wondering. got an idea if the exhaust theory doesn't take care of it.

73k on it atm heres something weird about the exhaust

if its not in gear and i rev it up, it sounds amazong, a bit loud but perfect in every wat, no ticks or pops or anything

also in first and second there is little to no ticking at all but accelerating in third fourth and fifth the ticking is very noticeable

i would like any answers as to why this would happen

• Sponsors (?)

because you have an exhaust leak at the midpipe.
it's more noticable under load. So in a higher gear not only is the exhaust usually quieter, but the motor is under load.

i dont know, every bolt is as tight as they can be and the passenger gasket cannot be wrong because the one i bought holds itself on the bolts perfectly before you tighten it, this **** is so weird

There litterally is nothing i can do to hang the exhaust any better i can bench 300 pounds and when i tell you those bolts are tight i mean it lol. the car always made that slight ticking in 4th and 5th since i have owned it. Well, i have been running the car with no o2 sensors attached and they should have been here by now, i ordered the extenders for the one that wouldnt reach (driver side) so when im under there putting the extenders and MIL's on i guess i will go over everything for the third time

yeah

has it ever had a valve adjustment. that can make a little ticking sound as the valves move up and down in the guides from the lash adjusters and roller followers.

well, in the end i globbed a whole lot of permatex copper on all the connections and tightened them down as hard as i could, so they are litterally SEALED the way they are and i get the exact same ticking noise as i did before and i tell you, these bastards are sealed lol .

So it must be some sort of valve issue, maybe a sticky valve or one that needs adjustment, who knows i dont even care anymore, car ticks, im pretty used to it at this point im putting some marvel mystery oil in it an the next oil change, which i plan to do this weekend and ill see what kind of difference that makes if any,

the car kinda sounds like an old muscle car the way they lumber down the road with that ticking if ya mow what i mean. I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE THE NAME OF THOSE SHOPS IN PINELLAS because i live in pinellas, i just say tampa bay area because no one knows where tarpon springs is lol

I doubt it's a valve issue. My MAC h-pipe used to tick too. Did you try replacing the gasket before you sealed it up? If you sneeze on them, they break.

The MAC H-pipe is a thinner gauge steel than the stocker, so you'll hear more noise than you did before. I remember being worried about that issue when we installed mine. I ended up having a damaged gasket, which we replaced, and it quieted down a bit, but not totally. It's just the way it is.

You'll get used to it.

7yepp

I doubt it's a valve issue. My MAC h-pipe used to tick too. Did you try replacing the gasket before you sealed it up? If you sneeze on them, they break.

The MAC H-pipe is a thinner gauge steel than the stocker, so you'll hear more noise than you did before. I remember being worried about that issue when we installed mine. I ended up having a damaged gasket, which we replaced, and it quieted down a bit, but not totally. It's just the way it is.

You'll get used to it.

with my music on i cant even hear the ticking really, and i bought a better gasket from auto zone/////also put liquid gasket on the seal, its the motor ticking for sure, i dont even care anymore, lol

Go to the Ford dealer and pick up a midpipe gasket, they are about 4 bux or so. It would be well worth it to put an OEM part rather than an aftermarket China junk. If it isn't a performance aftermarket part, make sure its OEM or you will be fixing it twice...or more.