Wrecked the stang

back2fox

Oct 7, 2006
I was in Bradenton for the NMRA event. I was driving around downtown in which I wasn't familiar with. It was rainy, windy, and dark out. I turned down a one-way street and thought I had enough time to turn into a store parking lot but no...wham and that was the end of my weekend. Dumb..

Before
DSC03055.jpg

After
View attachment 327381

View attachment 327382

View attachment 327383

View attachment 327384

View attachment 327385

The seat is pushed over about an inch. The latch bolt completely torn off. The top hinge appears to be fine but the bottom hinge is slightly pushed in.

I don't know if this can be saved or that I should start looking for another body.

• Sponsors (?)

ouch man- a good donor shell can salvage the metal you need. replace the rocker and b pillar mounting points , spray up a door...should be all set.

Granted it sucks, but it could of been alot worse. What caused the damage?

edit: PM BK CAULEY he has a shell that looks like it might have a salvagable drivers side

most definatly. let me take a good look at the pics and i will cut out what he needs.

thats no problem at all. i will just cut out a little more than he needs and he can cut it down to fit. or have a shop do it if he cant.

back2fox- im gonna need a few detailed pictures i will pm you with details later ok. that car can be easily fixed. i will mail shipp all the metal you need to fix it to you man. dont worry it is easily fixable.if you can pay to ship it i even have a door you can have. :nice:

i will cut out this entire piece and you can splice it in (its easier than you think) or have a body man do it. i can cut a few inches in front of the first seem all the way through the floor pan up the 1/4 panel and ship it to you in one big piece.

that way it will be easier and will be one less pinch weld to bust open and re-weld.

DSC_0047.jpg

wait a second. bradenton... my sister lives about 45 minutes form there. where are you from? i might can personally bring it down and help you. im only 3 hours from bradenton and havent seen my lil sis in forever anyways.

back2fox im running a little late for work as it is but when i get home i will take some pictures of my car and im gonna need you to duplicate them as accurate as possible with you car ok. im gonna need to see what we have to deal with so i will know how much and where to cut. we can get it done :nice: