WTF did I do???

Jones331

Banned
Oct 2, 2004
Oakland CA
Was installing some hood pins and my dumb a** accidently drilled through the wiring harness! Only messed up 3 wires,slighlty severed one and just broke the cover on the other two. Now my car wont start. Tryed checking all the fuses and reseting the batt and nothing! Car will turn but not start damn! Hlp please sorry for the spelling ......jj :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

2002GreyGT said:
If it is the Theft control mod, that would explain why it truns, but won't start.

I would start with that wire.

Thanks yea I looked it up in the Haynes manual and the wire is red w light blue stripe....thats the wire to the anti theft mod.....(I think) but I am not throwing any codes at all. So do you guys think that the small amount of wires that did get ruined are affecting the voltage that much? I mean if I don't think that the wires are the problem I think when the drill bit touched the wires I shorted something out. There are no fuses blown and no codes either . :damnit: I feel :owned:

Can you describe the location where the wires were damaged? Is there a chance the drill bit established a temporary electrical connection between some wires and chassis ground? Are all fuses OK? Does the "theft" light turn on steady, then off, when the key is turned to the ON (not start) position?

n0v8or said:
Can you describe the location where the wires were damaged? Is there a chance the drill bit established a temporary electrical connection between some wires and chassis ground? Are all fuses OK? Does the "theft" light turn on steady, then off, when the key is turned to the ON (not start) position?

I damaged the wires right under the radiator bracket on the passanger side. Yes I checked ALL fuses and they are ok. I am almost positive the drill bit made some connection for a second.And yes the anti theft light flashes.......jj I am looking like a fool here at least it matches how I feel....jj :flag:

Great news!

Don't feel bad. I drilled into my battery once while installing some driving lights. After swearing at myself for 30 minutes, I plugged the hole with epoxy, refilled the battery with distilled water, and it lasted another 2 years. My neighbor wasn't so lucky; he customized his hood by slamming it with his drop light sitting atop the air filter housing (the big old fashioned steel "302" round ones).

Jones331 said:
Was installing some hood pins and my dumb a** accidently drilled through the wiring harness! Only messed up 3 wires,slighlty severed one and just broke the cover on the other two. Now my car wont start. Tryed checking all the fuses and reseting the batt and nothing! Car will turn but not start damn! Hlp please sorry for the spelling ......jj :flag:

Personally I would have drilled UP through the hood to avoid drilling DOWN into the engine :nonono:

Hope you can get that fixed....

UDTBadkarma said:
Personally I would have drilled UP through the hood to avoid drilling DOWN into the engine :nonono:

Hope you can get that fixed....

Yea I hear ya and I am usually very good about installs it's just I was in a hurry to get to work! Looks like all that hurrying got me the day off! lol..........jj