X-pipe/Mac Pipe interchangeable

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by claytucc3, Jul 30, 2007.

1. claytucc3

claytucc3 New Member

So I have the Bassani off road x pipe and I want to get the Mac pro-chamber H pipe. Mac makes a piece that is just the center it is supposed to connect to the stock cats. The Bassani X pipe is modular, it is in a few pieces. My question is can just the mid section of the Mac Pro chamber bolt up to the rest of the X pipe pieces. I don't like the metalic pinging sound that the X pipe makes. I want a deaper growl such as the H pipe or Pro-chamber pipe.
  2. Mydnyghte

Mydnyghte Member

I have the Bassani X pipe in the modular form, and before I installed my LT headers, I wanted to try and swap in a Prochamber for the X pipe. MAC however makes their stuff different than everyone else, and the problem that you're going to run into is the H pipe will be too short to mate to the Bassani downpipes coming from the manifold. Now, you could shorten the cat delete pipes that came with your X pipe, but then you could never use them again with it. But if you're running the high flow cats, then I guess it would not matter.
  3. plnfixr320

plnfixr320 New Member

If you have your stock H-pipe couldn't you just cut it and use the H section with your Bassani kit? Just a thought....