X-pipes

afsoccaplayer04

Jun 29, 2004
i asked earlier about if installing a catted x-pipe would void my warranty, and found out that ford can only void your warranty if they can prove in writing that the part you have installed caused the problem. So is there any way a catted x-pipe can cause damage to your car that would leave you with a voided warranty.

• Sponsors (?)

Anything's possible...but likely the worst that would happen would be destroying the remaining exhaust system (which I trust wouldn't be the stock stuff anyway). If you are looking for some sort of guarantee from someone out here or a manufacturer, you're not gonna get one.

My dealer told me to remove it when I brought the cobra in when I used to have a warranty ( :rlaugh: ). The ford inspectors (if they have to come out) will use that to try and void your warranty. Just put your stocker back on if you have any serious issues with the drive train :nice:

You could always keep your stock H-Pipe and swap them if something happens. :D[/QUOTE]

I know a guy that bought a brand new mustang and slapped a huge shot of nitrous on it, spraying through the throttle body, needless to say he blew it. He removed the hole nitrous set up put on a new throttle body and the dealership happily put a new motor in for him. :D

Just watch your engine check light. They like to say the high flow cats cause that, you can either get the eliminators which is a waste of money, leave it on because it doesn't hurt anything, or by a programmer. Thats pretty much the only thing my dealer complained about even though I went in for my free oil change go figure! Just for a reminder sometimes those cat's blow out a peice of the screen inside its an easy fix, or you can just let the exhaust blow it out, either way your fine. I am thinking about just eliminating my cats in general. I BELIEVE next year you dont need them for inspection.